edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
This takes the cake.
Baby Driver
Post edited by PolkThug on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited April 2007
    It would have been better if the airbag went off.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited April 2007
    I'll be amazed if that kid doesn't die or at very least lose a limb by age 5.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited April 2007
    WOW. what is with people, yeah lik2 20 years ago that was considered safe as well as sleeping on the rear deck. What happens if he's turning like that and has to jam on the breaks,"look hun he's got a flip top head now"
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited April 2007
    What a dumb a**
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2007
    That would be really cool if it wasn't on a public road.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited April 2007
    :mad: That was uber stoooopid. :mad:
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2007
    Most of us have lived through that sorta thing. Sometimes it bugs me that we are so concerned with safety these days. I look at that today and wonder what the parent is thinking but think back to the things I was allowed to do and get this sick feeling that we are protecting kids too much for their own good. I'm mixed on the safety aspect...
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited April 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    That would be really cool if it wasn't on a public road.

Ditto. I remember my folks asking, "Hey, you want to drive ?" when I was a little guy, but guess what ? It wasn't in the middle of downtown rush hour traffic at high noon !!

It sounded like the broad driving was Swedish or Finnish or something.

Maybe the next video she produces will show her strapped on the hood of the car as her husband drives on the Autobahn. That'd be nice. :rolleyes:
    Sal Palooza
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited April 2007
    Britney's sister? I let my 11 year old drive....... The middle of the cul de sac straight shot into the driveway.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    This is an example of a couple who didn't need to have children.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited May 2007
    Yeah that's bad and I hate to Hijack a thread but at the risk of doing so take a look at this

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070504/NEWS02/70504020&SearchID=73280365313704
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited May 2007
    madmax wrote: »
    Most of us have lived through that sorta thing. Sometimes it bugs me that we are so concerned with safety these days. I look at that today and wonder what the parent is thinking but think back to the things I was allowed to do and get this sick feeling that we are protecting kids too much for their own good. I'm mixed on the safety aspect...
    madmax

Ed Zachry Max. The saftey police are about as sickening as the PC police. I can't view the video, but I used to let my kids "steer" the car when they were little---so sue me. And get this, I used to let them have a sip of my beer once in awhile too, just like my father did.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    What an ****!!! My 10 year old is under 49 inches therefore sits in the back seat with a booster.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2007
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Ed Zachry Max. The saftey police are about as sickening as the PC police. I can't view the video, but I used to let my kids "steer" the car when they were little---so sue me. And get this, I used to let them have a sip of my beer once in awhile too, just like my father did.

I "learned to drive" going to the elementary school bus stop sitting on my step mother's lap and "driving". And if there was someone in the passenger seat, she'd show them how to shift the gears.

Not something I'd recommend for the highway, but on side streets, that's what being' a kid is all about.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    There is a big difference here....I am pretty sure I never had my LEGS looped through the steering while any of this was happening....He was basically using the steering wheel for a car seat. THAT is stupid. There is nothing wrong in my mind with the kid SITTING on their parents lap "driving" the car. The way people drive now days though, I still consider that a risk....Not much of one though.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited May 2007
    I think that kid is a better driver than my wife. Not a very smart thing to do though. Some people are out right idiots!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited May 2007
    I agree with Bill.......there is NOTHING that she could do to protect that baby if she had to brake suddenly since the kid is basically attached to the wheel, whereas if they were on the lap you'd at least have your hand around them to keep them from getting a steering wheel indentation to the skull or broken teeth.

I thought it was just gonna be driving straight on maybe a side street....when they started to make a turn with the kid like that I was like no **** way.......and for people to honk the horns like that, the kid would have been killed instantly if there was any sort of accident.........

Pure stupidity on that video IMO......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    It's like saying 30 years ago we didn't wear seat belts and there's nothing wrong with us now. . . Everyone or mostly everyone with half a brain in their head wears seatbelts now, why? because of the utter horror that has been shown over the years of the results of not wearing a seat belt vs wearing one. The same goes with kids. When I was a kid my mother and father would pack the four of us kids in the back seat, no seat belts and drive 70 miles per hour (that was the posted speed limit back then) down the Atlantic City Expressway. . . that doesn't mean it is'nt an outright stupid thing to do today!!!

Why take the chance because of the "we protect them to much attitude" when we know better now. Knowing better now means that it is irresponsible not to try to keep your child as safe as current technology permits. There are plenty of other things you can do with you kid that isn't as dangerous.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2007
    It's like saying 30 years ago we didn't wear seat belts and there's nothing wrong with us now. . . Everyone or mostly everyone with half a brain in their head wears seatbelts now, why? because of the utter horror that has been shown over the years of the results of not wearing a seat belt vs wearing one. The same goes with kids. When I was a kid my mother and father would pack the four of us kids in the back seat, no seat belts and drive 70 miles per hour (that was the posted speed limit back then) down the Atlantic City Expressway. . . that doesn't mean it is'nt an outright stupid thing to do today!!!

Why take the chance because of the "we protect them to much attitude" when we know better now. Knowing better now means that it is irresponsible not to try to keep your child as safe as current technology permits. There are plenty of other things you can do with you kid that isn't as dangerous.
    This kind of resembles the smoking argument. People smoked all the time because they werent fully aware of the ill-effects. Now that people know about it, and information is soooooo easily accessible, the amount of people who smoke now is down greatly. Doesnt mean smoking wasnt dangerous then, just means we are now more informed as a society.

I agree, there are a lot of things that are doing things to 'over protect' our youth. I am all for my kids (which, knocking on wood, wont be for a few more years) climbing trees and being a kid...getting some bruises, scrapes, and a couple broken bones along the way, but there is a limit to the madness, and the lady in the original video ran across that line and didnt look back.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it