(2) Carver M1.0's!

Options
Lowell_M
Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
edited April 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I'm selling these two amps for a friend of mine who recently upgraded. I have heard these hooked up to RTi12's and they sound fantastic.

"I've just upgraded my system, I'm now running 2 M1.5ts and an M4.0t for my home theater system. The M1.5s have replaced these 2 M1.0s.

They both work great, as I said, they were used in my system until just a couple weeks ago.

The first one does have the mono switch on the back and is in good cosmetic condition as well. However, under very close inspection the face plate has some damage on the left corner. It isn't noticable when in a stand or cabinet, and the faceplate looks great, but you can see it when it's out. It was there when I bought it. $325 obo +actual shipping. (Pictures 1-11, the one on the left in pic 12)

The second one does not have the mono switch on the back, and is in good cosmetic condition. The face plate looks great, but there are a few marks on the top from stacking components. $325 obo + actual shipping. (Pictures 13-17, the one on the right in pic 12)"
HT
RTi70 mains
CSi30 center
RTi28 Rears
Velodyne CHT-12
H/K AVR-247
ADCOM GFA-7000
Samsung PN58B860
Playstation 3

2-Channel
Polk Audio LSi15's
Rotel RCD-1072
Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
ADCOM GFA-555
Signal Cable Analog II IC's
Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
Post edited by Lowell_M on

Comments

• Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited April 2007
    Options
  • Lowell_M
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Allright, Todd's busted. I guess he listed on ebay also. They are, in fact, the same amps.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Just wanted to make sure....There seems to be a lot of photo stealing going on lately....
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I saw those too. I bought an M-1.0t from a TOdd from the Carver forum that got lost in shipping right after it got picked up from the Fedex drop off. It kind of made me wonder since he said he had two of them but was keeping one. Now, there are 2 for sale. Hmmmm....
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I saw that thread.....Is this the same person? (Bill from Carver)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    edited April 2007
    Options
    MrB? [Todd] The one who claims to have sent a M1.0t to avguytx, and blames it on Fed-Ex losing the package that was double boxed? That guy?

"Red flag" this one until we can get the skinny as to what in the hell is going on!

(treitz3 from the Carver forum)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Uh-Oh! Houston we have a problem!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited April 2007
    Options
  • avguytx
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Yep...that's the same one. I don't want to falsely accuse someone but it just made me wonder that's all. I keep an open search on Ebay for M-1.0t's and since I "lost" that one, I always have an eye out for others.

I will reitterate that on tracking it with Fedex, it does show that the box was picked up and scanned...but it never left town.

Again....I'm not here to falsely accuse. I'm just curious since both people are from Illinois.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • treitz3
    edited April 2007
    Options
    It's gotta be, same price, same description down to one of them not having the switch on the back to bridge mono. WTF?

Avoid this like the Plauge!!!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • avguytx
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I'm sure everybody noticed the sellers name on Ebay is "Toddb71" and funny enough...the name of the person I bought the M-1.0t from is named "Todd B". Hmmmmm.....

And it just gets thicker and thicker. Does anyone here know this person personally? I'm going to post this in the Carver Forum, too.
  • MikeC78
    edited April 2007
    Options
  • treitz3
    edited April 2007
    Options
    We have it covered, F1nut has some music to listen to.....do not disturb......:D
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Glad I caught that one...
  • Lowell_M
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Damn... Everybody put your torches away. I've been active on this forum for some time now and completely enjoy the hobby and the friends that I have made here. I've bought and sold a couple things through the forum as well and have never misrepresented anything in any way.

Stop flaming me for trying to help out a friend. I don't know anything about anything that you are all writing about above. All I know is that these are two nice amps that work great and I'm trying to help a friend of mine get them sold. He has bought quite a few Carvers trying to find the right mix in his system and now he is thinning out what he has.

If you are interested in buying, or have any questions let me know. Otherwise, stop the ****.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited April 2007
    Options
    a_mattison is soild, period. This is the kind of crap that gets way out of hand before anyone has any facts whatsover. It's great we all have each other's backs, but the name Todd is pretty common. And I would guess that Carver amps are pretty common as well. Let's simmer down a bit and the parties involved should get this sorted out (meaning the person who was involved with losing the amp during shipping and the Todd in question). The rest of you are just speculating and crucifying based on your impression of what happened. How about talking to the people involved before publically calling them out.

a_mattison is simply doing his friend a favor by posting the amps FS. Too much paranoia is NOT a good thing.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited April 2007
    Options
    well said
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Damn... Everybody put your torches away.

Damn.....was hoping for a good BBQ.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I agree with H9! Aaron is a solid CP member and based on my dealings with him is a very upstanding person. I agree there seem to be a lot of coincidences stated in this thread, and those should be explored via email/phone among those directly involved. Doug.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Lowell_M
    edited April 2007
    Options
    How about this... Forget that I said I was selling these for a friend and pretend that they are mine. If anybody out there is looking for an M1.0 you are missing out on a couple nice ones.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
  • treitz3
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Ladies and gentlemen of the forum (and specifically, MrB. and a_mattison), I owe you an apology. I was wrong with this one, I admit it.

Please understand that there were a lot of coincidental “red flags”, as it appeared last night:

1. an unknown (or undisclosed) friend involved
    2. the same pictures
    3. the same exact description of amps
    4. the same exact price
    5. the same approx. location
    6. a “buy it now” price on e-pray
    7. a recently disclosed third amp
    8. a missing amplifier with no recent update (since Feb.28th)

Now, when you add all of these up, common sense tells you to put two and two together and it was pretty easy to come to a conclusion with the information available as it was presented last night. Add to that, there was a cat, Scott T. that had a scam going a while back that very closely resembled some of the “red flags” involved with this sale. It was not my intention to “torch” a legitimate sale, or member for that matter. My intention was to inform other members of what appeared to be a very shady sale. I was actually trying to help. That backfired on me in a way I’m not to particularly proud of right now.

When I’m wrong, I’ll admit I am wrong…..and with this one I was wrong. For all parties involved I would like to give you my most sincere apologies, and I do ask for your forgiveness, if you can fathom such a thought.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited April 2007
    Options
    So, why exactly should anyone buy these off of the Polk Forum when you can get the exact same BIN price on E-bay and all the buyer protection that E-bay and paypal provide?
  • avguytx
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I don't mind taking the blame for this. I talked to Todd in the Carver forum earlier. It just caught me off guard with all these M1.0t's popping up in IL after I had one lost. I apologized to him there and I am doing the same here. But like I told him over there, you'd have to put the shoe on the other foot and look at it from my side. It "seemed" coincidental at first.

My apologies to you and I hope you won't hold this against me. My bad...completely.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Aaron is in deed a stand up Polkster,no problemo with him.Others just called it as they saw it,if you personally handled the deal,I for one don't see anything wrong with it.Good luck on the sale.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited April 2007
    Options
    rskarvan wrote: »
    So, why exactly should anyone buy these off of the Polk Forum when you can get the exact same BIN price on E-bay and all the buyer protection that E-bay and paypal provide?

Excellent point!

I'll also add that selling here and at eBay, at the same time is just in bad form and not what the FM is about. As Aaron stated, "Todd's busted."
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Somebody who plays trumpet.......... SOUND "THE DEGUELLO"!!
  • MikeC78
    edited April 2007
    Options
    a_mattison wrote: »
    Damn... Everybody put your torches away. I've been active on this forum for some time now and completely enjoy the hobby and the friends that I have made here. I've bought and sold a couple things through the forum as well and have never misrepresented anything in any way.

Stop flaming me for trying to help out a friend. I don't know anything about anything that you are all writing about above. All I know is that these are two nice amps that work great and I'm trying to help a friend of mine get them sold. He has bought quite a few Carvers trying to find the right mix in his system and now he is thinning out what he has.

If you are interested in buying, or have any questions let me know. Otherwise, stop the ****.

a_mattison,

I fully apologise for the crapping comments. For now on, I'll try to keep my big mouth shut.:o

BTW, I'll see you at the PF soon.:) Good luck with the sale...

Mike
  • Lowell_M
    edited April 2007
    Options
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    a_mattison,

I fully apologise for the crapping comments. For now on, I'll try to keep my big mouth shut.:o

BTW, I'll see you at the PF soon.:) Good luck with the sale...

Mike

No problem. Don't worry about it, man. Looking forward to PF!!
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072