I'm not sure if dumb **** sums this up

Bill Ayotte
Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
This is why I try not to ebay drunk......I bought this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160105528534
Anybody know where I can get it fixed? I wouldn't be so pissed if my drunk **** hadn't missed the $60 for SHIPPING. God I need to get off of this computer....:eek:
Post edited by Bill Ayotte on

Comments

• TN_Polk_Lover
    TN_Polk_Lover Posts: 243
    edited April 2007
    I'd say "dumb ****" sums it up pretty well!
    Robert
    You are officially in the high-end of the deep-end of the top-end.

Bonus Room Over Garage:
    Toshiba 27" CRT TV
    Digital Source: Sony DVP-NS3100ES
    DVR: Panasonic DMR-ES15
    Denon 3806 AV Receiver
    - L/R Preamp out to Parasound HCA-1200 Amp
    Polk RTi70's, CSi40 Center, RTi38 Side Surrounds, RTi38 Back Surrounds

Living Room: (2ch only)
    TV: Sony KV20-FV12
    DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS715P
    Yamaha R9 Receiver Polk RTi38's
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited April 2007
    LOL :) I look back on the snafu's/fubars in my life,,and they had one common denominator--ethanol---what were you drinking,,and how much did you have? Musta been some good local brew? Hope it all works out. :):( :eek:
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    Mostly a lot of beam and coke, but i just tried a reb bull and beam and it is surprisingly good.....maybe I am that drunk...
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited April 2007
    Well I did see that you outbid neldamae to win.Some years ago, me and Mr. John Walker installed a kitchen light,,I still laugh just thinking about it,,oh yeah,, there was this pig that my brother was going to butcher, so everyone prepared themselves with Crown and coke,,,thats another story for another day.:D
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2007
    Ouch :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited April 2007
    I'll give ya ten bucks LOL
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited April 2007
    Ship it to me and I will fix it .No charge:D
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    I got the number for NAD CS through another thread....Thank god. Lets see how much this one os going to cost me....Good thing I have a guy at work that is looking to buy a nice receiver soon....
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited April 2007
    I just bought one from Dorokusai if my MO ever gets there I'll have it shortely
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    Yeah I thought about that one before I bought the integrated from him.....I really thought that I wouldn't listen to the radio that much, then the Sansui came along and it was too good looking to pass up....Now I have this thing. I am running out of closet space.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited April 2007
    Beam will get you there. Stay away from the red bull. Whole different lot of trouble then.
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    Yeah.....Uppers and downers together is a whole different kind of drunk....you want to do everything, but you can't walk.....
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited April 2007
    If you look on the back of the unit and re-read the Ebay post you will see the jumpers for the pre-out and main-in are missing. I'd bet if you replaced the jumpers the thing will work. Unless of course it doesn't power up at all. Then it could be an internal fuse which was blown because the previous dumbass owner didn;t know what he was doing.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    I will look it over when it gets here........I hope it is a dumbass owner situation, that would be sweet!
  • daboyz
    edited April 2007
    Isn't that the beautiful thing about this forum, some of us can be drunk and the others helpful.
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, it sure is nice....lol
  • daboyz
    edited April 2007
    I definitely know which side I'm on.
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    I am somewhat confused at this point.....Time for another Beam and Coke.
  • heiney9
    edited April 2007
    daboyz wrote: »
    I definitely know which side I'm on.

Tonight I'm leaning towards the former. But I promise not to go on E-bay.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    Too late for me....
  • disneyjoe7
    edited April 2007
    Quote {Missing the output block}

That doesn't sound good, as this is a complete replacement over a repair.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, but I don't know if he is a **** or not yet.....Does anyone have a pic of what the inside of this thing is supposed to look like? God this is the last time I Ebay drunk.....Right....Lol
  • heiney9
    edited April 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    Quote {Missing the output block}

That doesn't sound good, as this is a complete replacement over a repair.

I thought that meant he was missing the jumpers on the pre-out and main-in section. If you look at the photo there are no jumpers. Now if it means that the whole output section is missing, gone, ripped out then :eek: . Notice in one of the pics a screw is missing from the cover..........never a good sign.

H9
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,570
    edited April 2007
    This is hilarious.

To funny.

Good luck - could be a cool DIY project.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited April 2007
    My mistake one time was the said PDA was seams to be complete but it did not have a battery. Had to order a battery. Sh_t happening. It keeps us humble and boy am I humble.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited April 2007
    Well i bought an amp this morning myself with no gurantee of working. So perhaps im a dumbass also. Even worse though, I dont have an excuse because I dont drink lol. here is the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280103740516&rd=1&rd=1 The good thing is I allready own one of these that do work so at least I will have parts.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited April 2007
    In all seriousness, that AVR looks like it is missing A LOT inside. The output transistors, heat sinks, optos, resistors, and caps are all missing from the center section.

I'm an Electrical Engineering and Physics student - I think I can help you out with troubleshooting and the like.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    Well.....He thanked me for instant payment.....Lol
  • disneyjoe7
    edited April 2007
    Maybe you should ask about the output block, and if you could include it for repair? It looks to me he blow it up tried to fix it but screwed it up worse.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer