Really dumb question ahead?

Grimster74
Grimster74 Posts: 2,570
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
I know this is a really dumb question but does anyone know the best way to get my hands on a Wii? I've been trying for two weeks now and just can't seem to get one. My deadline is April 28th of this month which is what my wife has asked for for her birthday. Anyone know typically when these things hit the stores? I was hoping I could find an insider of a B&M store that could possibly give me a heads up.
Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
Post edited by Grimster74 on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited April 2007
    Are ya sure you're not just looking for one yourself... that way she can give it back to you once she realizes what it is.

Kind of like Homer giving Marge a bowling ball on that one episode of The Simpsons:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • howie777
    howie777 Posts: 357
    edited April 2007
    Just ask when the shipments usually come in. Usually they dont' mind tell you. At least early on they were really regular.

Howie
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2007
    If you can't find one, make one.

Get creative, cardboard box, maybe an old computer cd drive in it, fashion some remotes, get your spray paint on. Give it to her as a rain check for when they DO hit the stores. She will appreciate the effort.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited April 2007
    You can be brave and try one of these Storefronts on Pricegrabber. They are showing in stock.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Nintendo_Wii_Console,__27737371/search=Nintendo%20Wii
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited April 2007
    Call everybody - BB, CC, Target and find out when their delivery dates are then call them on the delivery date and see if they got any. There won't be any guarantees that there will be any games on the truck but it's about your only option. Patience, perseverance, and mostly luck.

If you're in a bigger city call around to the stores in smaller towns around your area. You might have to drive a little but that's how we and two of our friends got ours.

If you manage to snag one make sure you buy at least on extra remote and nunchuck if they have them. Those are hard to find also.

If you're really desperate you can get them on CL, ebay, etc but you will pay a pretty heft premium.
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited April 2007
    I see them all over the local craigslist. That's were I go for things I can't find in stores: PS3, Wii, Crack rocks, etc.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited April 2007
    I've got one.......:D
    It took me about six weeks to track one down, and a date with a gamestop employee that has a "great personality" to get one put aside for me....Godd luck man.
  • sophie
    sophie Posts: 511
    edited April 2007
    i just went to target and they dident have any but told me they were geting some the nexxt day, showed up at 7:30 and were the first ones in the store
    Polk monitor 10B's and 5 jr's
    Adcom gfa 5500 and HK/240
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    sophie wrote: »
    i just went to target and they dident have any but told me they were geting some the nexxt day, showed up at 7:30 and were the first ones in the store

This ia about the only way to get as of late.....I guess that they are becoming a little easier to get as of late.....I was told they "opened the flood gates" after the Euro release.....Which translates to them getting 10 at a time instead of 2......
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited April 2007
    That is they way we got it for Santa, by going to Target on truck night in the mourning.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    Not having a functional TV made me think about offering you mine, but then I remember how much ****-pain I went through just to get my hands on it......