Baseball's Back!

wodom1
wodom1 Posts: 1,054
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
Yesterday I went to the Cubs home opener vs. Houston. I am stoked that baseball is back! Now if only winter would release its grip on us. I've never been to opening day, so it was pretty exciting to be there with 40,000+ people watching the game on the first day. A vendor that I purchase a lot of stuff from brought me to the game. Free drinks and food before, during, and after the game, followed by dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House, all on his expense account.
"I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
Polk Audio LSiC
Polk Audio FXi30
Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
Sony Playstation 3
Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
Rotel 985 MK II
Rotel 1072 CDP
Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
Post edited by wodom1 on

Comments

• phipiper10
    phipiper10 Posts: 955
    edited April 2007
    How bout them Red Sox....blowing up in the home opener! Dice K tomorrow!

Glad baseball is back even though the weather here still sucks.
    Analog Source: Rega P3-24 Exact 2 w/GT delrin platter & Neo TT-PSU Digital Source: Lumin T2 w/Roon (NUC) DAC: Denafrips Pontus II Phono Preamp: Rega Aria MK3 Preamp: Rogue RP-7 Amp: Pass X150.8 Speakers: Joseph Audio Perspective 2, Audio Physic Tempo Plus Cables: Morrow M4 ICs & Audio Art SC-5 ePlus, Shunyata PCs Misc: Shunyata Hydra Delta D6, VTI rack, GIK acoustic panels
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2007
    Dice K v. King Felix. Should be a good one.

Nice pics. Someday I will go to a game at Wrigley. Very cool.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited April 2007
    How about them Cards !!

cardinals.jpg

Yeah, that's about the size of things around here.
    Carpenter out, Pujols can't hit a beachball with a banjo .....

Go Cubs !! :)
    Sal Palooza
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited April 2007
    Ruth Chris was worth it alone,throw in a beautiful ball park and you had a great day,glad to see you hangin' out and haveing fun.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2007
    phipiper10 wrote: »
    How bout them Red Sox....blowing up in the home opener! Dice K tomorrow!

Glad baseball is back even though the weather here still sucks.

And King Felix just misses the no hitter.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited April 2007
    Glad the Bravos have finally decided to build upon all their home-grown talent.
    It would appear they finally have the team chemistry they've been lacking for nearly a decade...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore