RT55 as mains, with RT2000 as surround?

Options
dark horror
dark horror Posts: 33
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
I right now have rt2000's and was wondering what would be better for my mains rt55, or rt2000?
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• PlatypusMango
    PlatypusMango Posts: 7
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Depending upon the acoustics of your room. I'd say that firing up a pair of rt2000s as rear speaks could invite some ugly phase problems. Considering that, I'd recommend the 55s. Good luck.
    -Jon
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited September 2001
    Options
    If I understand the question correctly, you've already got the RT2000's and you're wondering whether it would be better to use them as front left and right or get RT55's for fronts and use the 2000 as rears. (?)

If that's the question, I'd say use the 2000's up front, and, if you want (or have) RT55's, use them in the rear. For the money, it might be better to use something like the f/x500's for surround, especially if your priority is movie surround rather than multi-channel music.

I agree with Jon, that with RT2000's up front and in the back, the phasing would likely become problematic.

On the other hand, if you're considering replacing your RT2000's with the RT55i's and asking which would make better front speakers, then I'd say that is mostly personal preference. I'm sure the 55's would make fine front speakers, too.

Don't know if that helps, but I'll stop now.

Jason