In Case I Haven't Said It...

BottomFeeder
BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
THANK YOU!!!

I'm sitting here, drinking in the sounds of Elton John's remastered "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me," and I'm thinking, "I LOVE THIS!"

I would not be enjoying my system & the great sound it produces nearly as much if were not for this forum and for the great people who've taken the time to help me upgrade my system to where it currently is (which is waaaay below everyone else around here!).

Truly, it seems that a lot of you take some pretty serious flak - "Whaaaaaaa! Why don't you pay more attention to me?!" Et-stinking-cetera.

And you really go beyond the call of duty in answering so many questions - many (most?) of which have already been answered many times before. To do what many of you do and not be paid for it is amazing.

Hearingimpaired
Russman
Dorokusai
Zero
Stevenaz
DangerBoy (You da bomb!)
F1nut
cfrizz
shizelbs
Shack
BlueMDpicker
heiney9

Crud, there's no way I can name all of you! But I thank you. Sometimes, when I'm listening to something particularly moving, I'm brought to tears. Most people can't relate to that and think I'm a flaming weirdo! Maybe you do, too. But music can move me that much.

And I thank you for it. I don't think you get nearly half the props that you all deserve!
"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
Post edited by BottomFeeder on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited April 2007
    Sounds like you've reached nirvana, man!!

At least for a few days, anyhow.

;)
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • BottomFeeder
    edited April 2007
    audiobliss wrote: »
    Sounds like you've reached nirvana, man!!

At least for a few days, anyhow.

;)

Yeah, you've been a blessing to me too. Audio nirvana for a few days...yeah, that's me. I know it can sound better. Stevenaz said it so well..."the better it sounds, the better it has to sound!"

Wow! That stopped me in my tracks! What I have now sounds so much better than what I had. I think I'll be digging this system for quite a while. I don't have the coinage to have "upgrade-itis." So I'll have to settle for what I've got, which is great!

Thanks!
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2007
    Congrats. Hey we all connect with the music from time to time and get those feelings, its what its all about.

RT1
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited April 2007
    Congrats

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited April 2007
    THANK YOU!!!

I'm sitting here, drinking in the sounds of Elton John's remastered "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me," and I'm thinking, "I LOVE THIS!"

What else are you drinking?
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited April 2007
    Congrats Bottomfeeder! Rest assured that they're "audiophiles" out there who have systems costing ten times as much as yours, but are only a tenth as happy as you are...

What a gloriously crazy hobby this is.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2007
    Congrats BF! Having you come back & tell us how much you love your system thanks to the advice you got from us & you took it and are now reaping the rewards makes it worth doing!!!

Thank yourself as well, if you hadn't listened you wouldn't have it. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    Sometimes, when I'm listening to something particularly moving, I'm brought to tears. Most people can't relate to that and think I'm a flaming weirdo! Maybe you do, too. But music can move me that much.

Awesome thread!!! This is what this place has been to me too. Music always moves me either to goose bumps, breakouts in dance, tears or all three!!! OR as Ted puts it, "a religious experience!" I think that sums it up the best. I however would word it differently, "a spiritual experience!!!" SEE I have to break them!!!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2007
    Good deal man, I've been cleaning house today. My parents left yesterday after a 3wk visit so I've got the MannCave back in shape and been spinning some vinyl today...life is good (not to be intoned that I wanted my folks out of the house!).

I'm anxiously awaiting some upgrade parts to my turntable in the form of a new armboard and platter/bearing....can't WAIT!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    I'm anxiously awaiting some upgrade parts to my turntable in the form of a new armboard and platter/bearing....can't WAIT!

BDT

Indeed, when you hear the difference these upgrades to your table makes you will feel the, "spiritual experience," especially in the bass and blackness areas. I'm excited for you!!!
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2007
    When the spirit moves you
    Let it groove you

or something like that, what was that song?

RT1
  • BottomFeeder
    edited April 2007
    "Ooooh! Let's get it on!" Marvin Gaye

Thanks again, everyone!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited April 2007
    No problem, I learn something new here everyday.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2007
    Congrats man. Happy to hear that your enjoying your setup.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited April 2007
    I don't really know anything, its just a facade.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • BottomFeeder
    edited April 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I don't really know anything, its just a facade.

"Facade?"
    How can I get one of those? Do they ever come up for sale on the flea market? Can you recommend a good one?
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    "Facade?"
    How can I get one of those? Do they ever come up for sale on the flea market? Can you recommend a good one?

Yeah I just look in the mirror WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!:eek:
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited April 2007
    You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.

Enjoy. And remember: it's ALL good. :)
    Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited April 2007
    Damn, you brought a tear to my eye.......;)

Not to worry, we're all flaming weirdo's here and proud of it. I'm glad you're enjoying your music, it doesn't get much better than that.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2007
    hey, you'll have to have me over some time soon to check up on your progress.. ha ha ha
    sounds like you've come a long way in a short time. Those RTA12's seem to be working well for you. Very nice.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: