Iron Maiden/Fight Club at Best Buy !

Options
etrigan
etrigan Posts: 160
edited August 2002 in Music & Movies
Iron Maiden/Fight Club at Best Buy !
Greetings !

Just a heads up to those interested in such things.BB has Iron Maiden "Rock in Rio" for 14.99 (list price is 29.99-Amazon price is 24.99) All other stores in my area sell it for either of those 2 prices.
They also had copies of the original 2 disc "Fight Club" stickered at 22.99 but had a little sign that advertised 11.99 (list price is 26.99-Amazon price 20.24)
The list price for the single disc version is 19.99, so this is quite a good deal ! (It did ring up at 22.99) but I told the kid "come and
lookeee here at the sign..son" and he took care of it.

Not a bad deal!

CHEERS ! jefff

Comments

• Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Awesome post - been waiting for this to go one sale, as it is going OOP, or so I heard from Ron-P. I'll be checking this out ASAP to see if my local BB has the same deal.

Thanks a bunch...............

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • etrigan
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Greetings Doc :D
    Just don't go in there w/ gunz a blazin' and a buncha dead varmints round your waist :p:lol:
    Me and my now deceased DAD used to go Whitetail/Hare/Turkey
    hunting and freshwater Rainbow Trout fishing in the Hurleyville/Liberty/Rock Hill/Roscoe (Home of the world famous Roscoe Diner :p ) areas, You anywhere near there? How's the huntin' in your parts?
    I miss my DAD and the hunting experiences we shared :(
    Haven't been hunting or fishing since :(
    Still have the firearms though, Brings back a lot o memories, when I take 'em out and clean them, (Now located in Nassau county-so it's the range for my son and I) Miss the times when I could just walk out on the back porch and "sight 'em in" w/a blanket and bino - kuulers :)

I'll list my Firearms, if ever your interested.
    We also have the same Mains and Center by coincedence :D

I've rambled long enough :rolleyes:

CHEERS ! jefff
    Art as expression-Not as market campaigns-Will still capture our imaginations.
  • etrigan
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Forgot to mention-they also have "Big Trouble In Little China" 2 disc version (soon 2 be replaced by an inferior 1 disc) :mad:
    for 11.99 - Great deal on a great film (If that's your kinda movie :) )

CHEERS ! jefff
  • Dr. Spec
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Etrigan:

My condolences regarding your father's passing. I live in upstate New York, and the hunting is just fine up here. Don't give up on it - ask yourself if your father would have wanted that. Maybe each hunting outing from here on will have a deeper meaning and will be that much more special.

I am preparing for squirrel season and bow season for deer. I am a certified Hunter Safety Instructor for both gun and bow. I spent most of the morning clearing locations for treestands for bow. I also like rabbit hunting behind beagles, and pheasant hunting behind my black lab. Hell, I pretty much hunt all game in all seasons!

There is an old post started by me "Guns Whaddya Got", somewhere in the Off-Topic discussion forum, if you are interested in posting there.

Doc

SVS
  • etrigan
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Thx for the kind words Doc. I might get back into it 1 of these days.
    Going thru some hard times at work, and I had my Beer on...so I had to get my rant/ramble on :D :rolleyes:
    We used to clear out and build our stands during rabbit hunting sessions, while trying to flush 'em out and noise wasn't an issue.
    Very cool that u are certified in the safety thing :cool:
    Teach them young ones early and correctly :)

Good luck and happy hunting - be safe !

CHEERS ! jefff
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2002
    Options
    The most smilies used in a post -Gold Medal award. 17 smilies in 3 posts.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • etrigan
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Some people like to use 'em...others like to count 'em.
    Add 1 more to your strokesheet. ;)

CHEERS ! jefff
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Oki-doki jefff with 3 f's.....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • etrigan
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Just jokin'n around (winkie smile) Russman - with a CAPITAL R/S/M/N

The last name starts w/an F - been usin' that name 4ever.
    Even though I'm kind of a newbie around here, I don't think Nascarmann would take offense if I called him "Jordey Verrill"

This is a great place to get your learn on-and laugh on, with others into the same stuff.
    Everyone here is very :cool: - well, maybe - 1 comes to mind I
    could do w/out - I'm just 'tellin ya.

I've learned a lot from you, my friend-and Dan/Ron P/King Hillbilly/BDT etc.

It's a cool place. Have fun...Life is short!

CHEERS ! jefff
  • Dr. Spec
    edited August 2002
    Options
    I did the Fight Club thing at BB.

The code # on the sale price tag was for the single disc version, not the 2 disc collector's edition. They did not (and never did) have the single disc version in stock.

The sales tag was actually turned around and hidden, probably because they knew they would get creamed if enough people saw it and tried to buy the 2 DVD version for $12.

The sale price did not come up at the register, and I showed the clerk the sales tag and got it for $11.99, normally $22.99.

Another one bites the dust - thanks again.

Doc

SVS
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Jeff has brought up an important point, besides the guns: many double disc special editions are being put out to pasture and replaced by single disc editions that leave off the great wealth of second-disc extras.

The double discs are going OOP, so you better snatch them up while you can. Even the big big guns are getting downsized to single disc editions: BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI, LAWRENCE OF ARABIA, PATTON, etc. Not to mention the Fincher 2-disc sets, SE7EN and FIGHT CLUB.

IF YOU WERE HESITATING TO PICK UP A TWO DISC SET, DO IT NOW, BEFORE IT DISAPPEARS.

You heard it hear probably second.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • etrigan
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Sorry if this is old news, but here's a few more 2 discers that have - or will be replaced by inferior 1 discers, that haven't been mentioned already.

The Abyss (Five star collection)
    Cast Away
    Close Encounters Of The Third Kind (The Collectors Edition)
    Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within (Special Edition)
    Independence Day (Five star collection)
    The Rocky Horror Picture Show (The 25th Anniversary Edition)
    The Sound Of Music (Five star collection)

Just a heads up.

CHEERS ! jefff