Comcrap is dying on me.....

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well, cable TV is completely dead in my house, our DVR box, HD box, and Digital box. Internet is going in and out as well, more out than in.

This couldn't come at a worse time. I have a huge research paper due Monday night for school that can only be worked on by viewing articles online(cant print from these sites because they are all copyrighted, it won't even give you the option to print them).

I called Comcrap and they said the earliest they can get here is Sunday(EASTER!) between 1pm-3pm.

Apparently I am the only house on the street with issues right now. I took matters into my own hands, changed out our splitter, service got a little better but I think its the line going from the edge of the road into my house.

Knowing that my neighbor has comcast internet, Im thinking about breaking out my 100 foot rj45 and dual splitter, run it to the box and tap into his for now. I'm sure it's not legal but I know it will get my internet up and running for the time being.....with a steady connection.

Should I borrow my neighbors or what?

Here is a pic of my current service:
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited April 2007
    No.

Go to the library.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited April 2007
    Early B. wrote: »
    No.

Go to the library.

Go figure...doubt many yougsters know what that is or
    even where one is.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited April 2007
    Do those have books in them?:D
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2007
    What are you ****'n about you got connection, what just not fast enough for ya?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,676
    edited April 2007
    Not that I would ever encourage anybody to violate copyright laws (or the spirit of intellectual property) -- and I am being serious, not facetious...

but...

There is an ancient and occasionally useful feature in MS Windows (at least through XP) called "print screen"

desperate times call for desperate measures
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2007
    ask your neighbor if you can tap into his internet from his house. not from the pole. otherwise you're breaking the law if you tap into it from the pole. from his house you are free and clear as long as you do it with his permission.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: