Dallas Mavericks?

PhillieB
PhillieB Posts: 5
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
What comes to your mind when NBA Dallas Mavericks come up. I say they are champions on the rise. Others I talk to say they are a joke and get lucky but who is sitting int he number one seat for play offs right now, that's right Dallas Mavericks. I just don't understand their irrational decisions.
Mavericks Go Hard!
Post edited by PhillieB on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2007
    Hell of a first post man.

I don't follow the NBA at all, so the only thing that comes to my mind when you say Dallas Mavericks is "Mark Cuban".
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited April 2007
    What irrational decisions? They have made a bunch of trades over the years, but all in an effort to get better. And, a team that will be pushing 70 wins (after losing their first four) can't be considered overly irrational, or have much of any serious doubters.

I live in Dallas and love the Mavs. Can't wait for playoffs to come around.

Last year, this team was considered lucky to get past the Spurs and into the Championship. Just turns out that they choked after game 2, but no one really expected them to get that far when last season began.

This year, they are poised and a much stronger team (mentally, physically, etc). Their D has come around, except against Phoenix, so they should fair very well no matter what team and style of play they find themselves against.

Mavs to win it all. I have mild concerns, but no big doubts. Mavs to win it all.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited April 2007
    I don't see Phoenix getting beat, too loaded. Steve Nash will be the Mavs downfall. Just like Jordan did to the Pistons and Jazz.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2007
    The Mavs are very good this year.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2007
    Club Polk Sports talk forum?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited April 2007
    Can Suns get by the Spurs, tho? They will be the 2-3 seeds, respectively, so the Mavs may not even play the Suns.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited April 2007
    Mavs will beat whoever survives the Suns/Spurs brawl. Last year we beat both of them. This year we only get to beat one of them. Those Suns looked might fine against the Spurs last night, NOT!
  • liordra
    liordra Posts: 152
    edited April 2007
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    What irrational decisions? They have made a bunch of trades over the years, but all in an effort to get better

They let Steve (Mr 2 times MVP) Nash go so they can sigh Eric (I am the second best center in the NBA) Dampier .. for 70 million.:rolleyes:

IMO that is Irrational. that said, their depth should make the diference this year.
  • PhillieB
    edited April 2007
    Yes, I say they have great chance against MR 2X MVP because he is loaded and he is their only support beam if he gets fouled out or gets benched they loose because no one else can make 3's and they have hard time shootin and dunkin the ball. I say their offense on Phoenix is damp like a babies diaper but that's just me.
    Mavericks Go Hard!
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,197
    edited April 2007
    I was actually thinking about making a post on the Mavs a few days ago, haven't seen much basketball talk here.

The Mavs are going to win this championship, the Mavs edged out the Spurs last year which in my opinion is pretty close to this year's Spurs don't see much of improvement/disaprovment from the Spurs. The Suns are a little better than they were two years ago when they beat the Mavs and lost to the Spurs 4-1. Suns and Spurs are both one dimensional All offense or All defense.

The Mavericks are more balanced, and can adjust to either team, Spurs have to impose a slowed down half court game if they can't acheive that they will lose. The Suns have the force the team to run and gun and score 110+ to beat a team.

The spurs have been the only team to really shut down the Suns offense and unless they Suns adjust fast they are not getting past the Spurs.

The Mavs will storm through the first two rounds, Houston and Utah will give us competition but will not beat us. The Mavs like last year are able to play half court offense and are better defensively against the Spurs, and this year Howard is an all-star we have George and Buckner not only help our defense slowing down Ginobli or Finley, but also provide better offense than, Griffin and Daniels.

All this talk about how the last two games by the Suns are "statement" games, as I see it we've beat them twice, it took a 16 point comeback and double OT to beat us. Anyways can't wait until the playoffs were not collapsing this year.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• PhillieB
    edited April 2007
    I'll have to agree with that 110% Mavs are going all the way and if don't want on this ride this championship ride then you need to step aside because we are taking it home this year.
    Mavericks Go Hard!