Daryl Stingley is dead

schwarcw
schwarcw Posts: 7,335
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
I can't believe it has been almost 29 years since he was paralyzed by a vicious, but clean hit by Jack Tatum. He spent more than half his life in a wheelchair as a quadraplegic. Full story Here
Carl

Post edited by schwarcw on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    I remember that hit like it happened this morning. . . that was one of the scariest moments in football history. . . 'night Daryl.

The second scariest, well nastiest was LTs hit on Joe Thiesman's leg, that thing snapped like a wishbone.
  • dougy
    dougy Posts: 182
    edited April 2007
    I can't believe it's been that long either. How well I remember that hit. It's like they say: basketball is a contact sport, football is a collision sport. BTW, what was the cause of death? He still was not too old.
    THE MAN-CAVE 5.1 CHANNEL A/V RIG
    Sony KDS-60A3000
    a/d/s/ HT-400LCR (3)
    a/d/s/ HT-300 (2)
    Velodyne DLS-4000R (2)
    Pioneer Elite VSX-55TXi
    Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai
    Sony BDP-S300
    Sony SLV-779HF
    DirecTV HD sat. receiver

MAN-CAVE 2-CHANNEL RIG (shares sources with a/v system)
    Adcom GFA-5500
    Bose 901 Series VI
    NAD C-165BEE
    Slim Devices Squeezebox Classic
    TEAC CD-RW890
    Technics SL-BD20D w/ Audio-Technica P34
    Akai HX-A3X
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    On Thursday, the after-effects of Stingley's grievous injury finally took his life at age 55.

He was pronounced dead at Northwestern Memorial Hospital after he was found unresponsive in his Chicago home, according to Tony Brucci, an investigator with the Cook County medical examiner's office.

An autopsy revealed contributing factors were bronchial pneumonia, quadriplegia, spinal cord injury and coronary atherosclerosis, the medical examiner's office said.

I believe this is the answer.:)