How to wire zones???

AllenB
AllenB Posts: 4
edited April 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
My situation is a little different, because I have a boat I'm wiring. First I'll explain my set up, then my question.

Kenwood 300MR head unit (2 pre-outs) going to AudioControl Matrix 6 channel pre-amp line driver, Kenwood 320 watt 4 channel amp. (2)MMC650's in the open bow of the boat = zone A, (4) MMC650's in the cockpit=zone B.

Soon to come is: 2nd amp for wakeboard tower speakers=zone C and sub=zone D.

This is what I want to achieve: I will be using the line driver to control the output levels to zones B, C, & D, but I want to be able to either fade down, or completely shut off the front bow speakers, because the kids ocaisionally fall asleep up there.

The way I have run it in the past, only having zones A & B, is run the 4 cockpit speakers one the amp, and the 2 bow speakers from the head unit, and fade to rear to turn off or down the bow speakers

Now that I have upgraded the head unit, and am adding the tower components, I am at a bit of a loss as to how to zone everything properly. One thought I have is to just get some type of cut off switch for the bow speakers, but that will not give me the ability to turn them down, while I "rock the boat" while driving.

Any insight here will be helpful.

Allen
Post edited by AllenB on

Comments