I hate the mail

JimBRICK
JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
send Doro his MO for my receiver and I just checked the registered letter status and its still not there. 12 bucks to send the damn letter registered and its been 5 days already. GRRRRRRR. I coulda driven to his house faster and picked the darn thing up
2 CHANNEL
Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
Under construction
Post edited by JimBRICK on

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited April 2007
    Obviously that's a Canada Post problem ;) It couldn't possibly be the fault of our highly efficient United States Postal Service :o
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • JimBRICK
    edited April 2007
    LOL actually its been in the states since monday, hopefully it'll be at his house tommorow
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited April 2007
    Put it this way. I much prefer the Postal Services in both countries to some of those over priced useless courier services.
    Xpresspost - USA 3 to 5 days. Registered letter is not the fastest method.
    Purolator is the fastest.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • JimBRICK
    edited April 2007
    yeah stuid me I shoulda sent it priority courier, I'm anxious to hear the difference of this receiver. I'm talking to someone about a nad 925THX, I'm checking right now to see what its worth
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited April 2007
    The Nad integrated I bought from Doro got here two days ago.....It f'in rocks...That 50w/ch owned the 120w/ch amp I was running.....God those B&W's are singing something fierce.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited April 2007
    Now would a guy named dorokusai...who's actually a caucasian Yankee redneck ever steer you wrong? :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited April 2007
    Now how could anything under 200 wpc possibly be any good ;)
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • JimBRICK
    edited April 2007
    I'm still gonna wait for Doro to find me a nice T955 to make my nad a pair :) But with this new house we bought, I'm putting the home theater on the back burner for a bit and wait till she gives me the ok to really spend some money.
    but I get to have a 2 channel rig now so WOOOHOOO
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • TN_Polk_Lover
    TN_Polk_Lover Posts: 243
    edited April 2007
    If I buy anything off of ebay, I always get a money order from the post office to pay for the item. (I used to have a paypal account many years ago, but haven't used it in so long I'm not sure that it is even active anymore)

Anyway, I usually mail the money order by plain old lickem and stickem 1st class stamp. Well, a few times lately, I paid extra, seems like $4.05 plus another $.75 just so I could have delivery confimation. You are supposed to be able to go to usps.com and put in the tracking number to get the status.

Well, so far in both cases, the person I sent the letter to would reply back to me via ebay messages that they got the payment and would mark the item as paid and when I go to the website, it never shows up. It just shows where they received the item on my end at the main Nashville post office. On top of that, the item did not get any faster by sending it "priority".

I don't think I'll be paying the extra $$ anymore, at least not with the USPS.
    Robert
    You are officially in the high-end of the deep-end of the top-end.

Bonus Room Over Garage:
    Toshiba 27" CRT TV
    Digital Source: Sony DVP-NS3100ES
    DVR: Panasonic DMR-ES15
    Denon 3806 AV Receiver
    - L/R Preamp out to Parasound HCA-1200 Amp
    Polk RTi70's, CSi40 Center, RTi38 Side Surrounds, RTi38 Back Surrounds

Living Room: (2ch only)
    TV: Sony KV20-FV12
    DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS715P
    Yamaha R9 Receiver Polk RTi38's
  • JimBRICK
    edited April 2007
    ok its officially been 7 days now and boy have I learned my lesson I should have sent it purolator courier I called and it would have been 7 bucks and got there 3 days later
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • janmike
    edited April 2007
    Hey, the school of hard knocks never hurts, only the first time. All will work out. Patience my friend. My wife's motto is "All good things come to those who wait." I struggle with that concept everyday, but she is usually right. It's the Toronto thing in me.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2007
    Yep, still not here. The wife just remarked about how "convenient" that big box is next to the door.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • JimBRICK
    edited April 2007
    WTF I sent it LAST friday this is CRAZY were going on 12 days now. I could have sent it in a regular envelope and it would be there
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited April 2007
    Dont feel bad, I paid to ship an update CD and japanese audio/video magazine to Grimster and it seemed like it took over 10 days to get to him. Mind you it was express mail. So much for express huh...........
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2007
    i only use first class and priority mail.. both seem pretty fast and usually arrive on time or a day early. :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • JimBRICK
    edited April 2007
    I sent it registered and it cost me over 12 buxks this is rediculous. I'm getting a damn paypal
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2007
    Sure you did :D;)
  • janmike
    edited April 2007
    Do you have a tracking number? Maybe it's time for a search.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • JimBRICK
    edited April 2007
    yeah it says last mon that it made in to the US, but hey we've all heard about the US postal service LOL

I getting pissed its like someone put christmas on hold for me for 2 weeks. The funny thing is when I bought it I was going to run my rti's but now they're gone and my LSI15's and lsic are in the mail. so now I need a power amp. The nad will be my preamp.
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2007
    Jim - The NAD T743 is fully capable of that Polk LSi loudspeaker load, out of the box. You should play with the AVR for awhile then add the external amplification. I'm sure you'll notice a difference, but depending on the amp, would be interested in your comments in regards to the particulars.

What's the amp?
  • JimBRICK
    edited April 2007
    I havent found an amp yet but I was looking for a NAD to match. But I'm in no hurry the speakers are coming but since I ordered them through work it take 3 weeks. I'm going to take your advice and try the nad stright up first. If it sounds great then I wont be buying a power amp afterall. If not a simple 5 channel like this
    http://207.228.230.231/info/NAD_S250.pdf
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited April 2007
    I dunno Jim,I might look for something with more balls to it...so to speak.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • danger boy
    edited April 2007
    look for something with more NAD's. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! JK
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited April 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    look for something with more NAD's. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! JK

:D Never a lack of quick whit here at club polk:D
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    After having that ingegrated, I am looking for a Nad amp for the 2 ch. HT rig I've got going.....
  • JimBRICK
    edited April 2007
    ok now tommorow will be 2 weeks WTF, I'm not impressed
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited April 2007
    Track it! All certified mail comes with a tracking number on it.
  • JimBRICK
    edited April 2007
    this is all it says on the tracking

2007/04/04 14:14 International shipment has arrived in the destination country
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, that about sucks....My tuner said it was in Philly until the morning it was delivered.......So who knows man.
  • danger boy
    edited April 2007
    JimBRICK wrote: »
    ok now tommorow will be 2 weeks WTF, I'm not impressed

hey thanks for the money.. such a nice man. LOL :p

sorry.. i couldn't resist. hope your money got to it's destination. What country did you sent it to?