Only in America...

Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
We've got a lot of work to do, folks...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17938518/
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2007
    Eeesh.

I wouldn't say only in America though - underage sex is just as, if not more, prevelant in the rest of the world.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited April 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Eeesh.

I wouldn't say only in America though - underage sex is just as, if not more, prevelant in the rest of the world.

exactly. This is ridiculous and shouldn't have happened. But to blame America's way of life on this.... just doesn't make sense to me. Only in america will they not chop your hands off for having sex in a classroom:mad::p .
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Early B.
    edited April 2007
    The "Only in America" comment is not solely directed towards pre-teen sex -- it's the whole process, i.e., arresting the children, felony conviction, going to court, parental responsibility, lack of supervision, etc.

When many of us were growing up, something like this happening would have been unfathomable. Now, it's no big deal.

I suppose we should be thankful. At least no one got shot.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited April 2007
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited April 2007
    They were arrested!?! Yeah, that's going to solve the problem. :rolleyes:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited April 2007
    "obscenity, a felony"

A felony? WTH?
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited April 2007
    Early B. wrote: »

When many of us were growing up, something like this happening would have been unfathomable. Now, it's no big deal.

This got national coverage, they got arrested. Their school will at least suspend them(if not expel them). Who knows what kind of punishment their parents are giving them. How is this "no big deal"? Well, the real question I should ask. What do you think should be done?
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited April 2007
    If you are 12-13 and still in 5th grade, there are some other problems here as well.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited April 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    If you are 12-13 and still in 5th grade, there are some other problems here as well.

Damn straight, shouldn't they be 10-11 yo? Girls were still gross then and I don't think the plumbing even worked that young... Sick bastages.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2007
    Thats very sad. Hopefully this will be a wake up call of some sorts to parents out there. But I know it won't. Its shameful what the kids did, and its dissapointing that all of their parents have raised them so poorly. My personal suspicion is that the parents are doing much raising and disciplining in general whatsoever.

Man, when we were left unattended in school, the craziest we got is maybe one of us would stand on our desks. Maybe someone would draw something funny on the chalkboard.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2007
    tommyboy wrote: »
    Who knows what kind of punishment their parents are giving them.

I have my concerns that the parents are going to do very, very little about it. I'd bet that their parents have been failing them for the better part of their lives.
  • Early B.
    edited April 2007
    tommyboy wrote: »
    Well, the real question I should ask. What do you think should be done?

Put the parents in jail and the children in foster home. They'd be no worse off without their parents.

I grew up as a military brat. If I was acting up in elementary school or somewhere else on the base, my father had to answer to his C.O., and possibly even lose rank. I guarantee you, we were the most behaved bunch of kids in America.

• Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited April 2007
    Were they all fifth graders or were there students from other grades?

Seems strange to have k-12 all in one school.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited April 2007
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    Were they all fifth graders or were there students from other grades?

Seems strange to have k-12 all in one school.

In the south nothing is strange......
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Girls were still gross then and I don't think the plumbing even worked that young... Sick bastages.

Bwahaha poor kid :D
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited April 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »

Exactly
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29