Goodbye Montana

ohskigod
ohskigod Posts: 6,502
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
my 13 1/2 year old German Shepard Montana is no more. He had to be put to sleep this morning.

a more faithful dog I will never own. goddamn it I'm gonna miss him

I'd love to post a pic, but apparently I have allready uploaded the one I have to club polk and it will not let me do it again, wtf?!?!?
Living Room 2 Channel -
Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
Post edited by ohskigod on

Comments

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited April 2007
    bummer ...
    Sorry to hear of your loss, bro...
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2007
    Lou,

Again sorry about Montana bro. I will miss him just about as much as you. I just keep thinking about the poor tree in front of the house that he kept chewing on. If you need anything don't hesitate to call me.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    my 13 1/2 year old German Shepard Montana is no more. He had to be put to sleep this morning.

I'd love to post a pic, but apparently I have allready uploaded the one I have to club polk and it will not let me do it again, wtf?!?!?

Open it up in a photo shop, change it slightly, rename it and you're good to go.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »

Dude I am so sorry to hear this. We spoke of this when you were here. I can't imagine the hurt you feel inside.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2007
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited April 2007
    My condolences to you. I don't own pets but i know that they can be like family.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited April 2007
    There's a quote from a book, "There are angels among you, and you don't even know it".

I wonder if you-know-who was talking about dogs.
    Sal Palooza
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2007
    Lou, sorry to hear about having to put Montana to rest. He was a good faithful four legged companion. Just remember, you'll see him again in heaven.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited April 2007
    Sorry to hear of your loss.....from one GS owner to another.
    Can't spreak highly enough of this breed.Give it some time man,
    another will surely pop into your life.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited April 2007
    Sorry to hear but remember the good times and he live a long time.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2007
    Lou,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

I bet Montana is romping around like puppy.

Take care of yourself my friend.

RT1
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2007
    Very sorry to hear about the loss of your pup, Lou. :(
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2007
    Sorry to hear that, brother.

My sincere condolences.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited April 2007
    Joyful, joyful, joyful,
    as only dogs know how to be happy
    with only the autonomy
    of their shameless spirit.

An excerpt from the Spanish poem A Dog Has Died.

Sorry to hear you lost your friend and companion Lou.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited April 2007
    Lou... sorry to hear this. Montana has been in my thoughts for the last year. As a person that has always had pets, find peace knowing that he will be forever in your memory. Trust me, you will have more memories of him than you imagine.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2007
    My deepest condolences Lou. He was a beautiful dog who is now at peace.

Take care,
    Cathy
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited April 2007
    Lou...Sorry to hear the sad news. Loving memories will put a smile on your face & bring a tear to your eyes. Take care.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited April 2007
    Sorry to hear that Lou. Hard decision to make. Life will go on.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited April 2007
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. I know we hold our dog close to our heart. When I get home tonight I'll give Inego (our pup) a hug for you.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited April 2007
    I'm sorry for your loss Lou...
    rest assured he's having a ball wherever he is.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited April 2007
    Sorry to hear this; I know how it hurts. Soon you'll have another wonderful dog and Montana will be good memories.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited April 2007
    thanks for all the words guys, it really helps.

Dave, thanks for posting the pic.

I've looked out my back door to make sure he was still in the back yard a couple times yesterday night out of habit (fact he was never on a leash and could walk out of the yard anytime he wanted :rolleyes: )

I still have that lump, but I seem to be taking it better than I thought though.

with both my parents gone, he was the last living member of my family household. I had that dog since I was in early college.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited April 2007
    Sorry to hear bud, my first Shepard made it to 16 and we had to put her down. My mom refuses to buy another dog because of the heartache associated with losing her. I started over with another Shepard and I will always have one in my life until I die.
  • apc
    apc Posts: 779
    edited April 2007
    That's one of the hardest things we have to do. Two of my last 4 dogs were put down due to quality of life degeneration. Miss em like hell, but hope to reunite someday. If heaven doesn't have dogs, I'm not sure I wanna go...
    Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited April 2007
    My condolences on your loss. Our dog is our child, it is tough losing a family member. V
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2007
    Good sweet sweet clean puppy dog.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited April 2007
    Lou,

Sorry to hear about your dog, He scared the Sh** out of me when I first came over that first time, I know you will miss him but like Russ said a new puppy dog would be nice.

Take care.

CRj
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited April 2007
    Sorry about your bud...

As a dog owner, I know how you feel...

In fact, I got a sheppard for my 13th birthday...died while I was away at college when I was 23....I'll never forget that day...
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    My wife has been wanting to get my Moose a German Shepard puppy for a playmate.

Lou I don't know if I could muster up the courage to make the decision to put Moose to sleep when the time might come. . . you are a better man than me Brother.
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited April 2007
    All dogs go to heaven.