Adcoms, Adcoms, Adcoms, Boulder & More

Options
hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
I have an acquaintance who is liquidating his rig due to personal problems and he has asked me to help him out.

I have examined all of the equipment listed here and it is all in near mint condition, very very clean, smoke free environment and very well kept.

These are his prices I am not making any money on anything here. If you are interested in any of the equipment, please PM me and I will send you back his name and phone number. He lives 15 minutes from me and I told him that he had to make good on anything and everything here and that I was putting my reputation on the line. So I guarantee that your transaction will go smoothly, if anything should go wrong I will take full responsibility financial or otherwise (as I said I know where he lives and I'm a lot bigger than him, LOL).:D

One more thing, everything comes with the original manual and some of the units (I don't know which yet) may come with the original box and packing material. He is supposed to send me pictures so I believe they are coming soon.

Amplifier
Adcom GFA 5500 change appearance to 7/10, few nicks on the top front and left side to bottom of the unit: The nicks are insignificant and can be touched up with a black magic marker.
Sold Sophie

Preamplifier
Boulder L3AE with phono pre and MM/MC selector switch. This is a really well made piece of gear, mint condition. If I didn't have the Spectral I would definitely consider this. He tells me that it is passive, but I can't find that listed when I googled it. He can tell you more or perhaps someone here might know if that is true.
$1250 + shipping

CD-Player
Adcom GCD-600 near mint with remote control
Sold Sophie

Power Conditioner
Adcom ACE-315 near mint
$SOLD to jvarnadoe at a discount!

Power Wedge (Audio Powered Industries) A/C Power Conditioner
$150 + shipping

Active Equalizer
Bose 901 EQ Series VI, near mint
$100 + shipping
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Wow I thought the Adcom stuff would have been goobled up here in no time????:confused:
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited April 2007
    Options
    People need pics around here. Nature of the beast. Take really nice ones, and they will sell even faster.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Options
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    People need pics around here. Nature of the beast. Take really nice ones, and they will sell even faster.

Thanks , the pics are on their way.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Plus, overall I think sales have been slow to materialize here on the FM lately. Your prices are certainly in-line, but not blow-out low, so it may take a few more views than usual.

Good luck, If I was in the market for an Adcom 5500 I'd be all over it, but I'm not.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,653
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I am interested in the Adcom GFA 5500

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Options
  • engtaz
    edited April 2007
    Options
    how much is the ace 315 or wedge?? 1 or two separate units?

engtaz
    engtaz

• hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Options
    engtaz wrote: »
    how much is the ace 315 or wedge?? 1 or two separate units?

engtaz

Sorry Bro my mistake. I edited the original post to read correctly.:o
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2007
    Options
    You should buy the bose we can blow them up as we do the Official Dance of Joy at the fest!!!

Good Luck.

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Options
    The Adcom 5500 is back up for sale.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Options
    You should buy the bose we can blow them up as we do the Official Dance of Joy at the fest!!!

Good Luck.

RT1

He actually has some old Bose speakers to sell but I refused to post them!!! LOL
  • engtaz
    edited April 2007
    Options
    do you have a more info for the wedge

engtaz
    engtaz

• hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Options
    do you have a more info for the wedge

engtaz

It's a 116. If you google "power wedge 116" you will find a plethora of information on it. Plus I just saw where new this thing is very expensive new.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Options
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Options
    This is only alive till Friday then I'm sad to say it's going over to eBay.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Today is the last day for these before they go on ebay. The prices are not etched in stone so if anyone is the least bit interested let me know.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Last chance to get this equipment here. They are going on epay later. I would love to get that Boulder pre but I really don't need it. As I said in a previous post the prices are not written in stone.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Options
    My buddy hasn't put this gear up on ebay yet. SO HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO SNAG ONE OF THESE PRODUCTS. The prices are not written in stone and I know for sure he is accepting offers and has made one for a pretty good price break. So PM me if you are interested and I will send you his info.

Joe
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    Options
    These are still available in that he hasn't posted on ebay yet. I'm telling you these prices are written in wax not stone. He's already given a pretty good discount to someone here on a unit.
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    Options
    These are still available. I can't believe nobody is even making offers on some of this gear. That Boulder is sweet.
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    Options
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Adcom 5500 price reduction; $400 + shipping.
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    Options
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2007
    Options
    PM'd
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • engtaz
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Here you go you can keep blasting me in your own thread. No pics were posted when I asked you to hold them when I saw there condition I got back to you about the FACT to the WAF would stop the purchase. I guess I am the only one that has asked to buy something and did not purchase. You stated your friend was selling out of need and I was going to try to help but did not want the amp. You has chases me down any chance you can get. I won't lower myself to the level you have been to me.
    engtaz

• hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    Options
    You want to keep this up?, okay;
    Remember I have not treated you badly but I guess you show your class.
    Yeah you have! You asked a seller to hold an item til you got "paid on Friday." It was held and other buyers were turned down for four days. You reneged because it was an impulse buy and you didn't have to balls to admit it. Instead you started coming up with bogus excuses. The other buyers went off on their own so the seller was stuck.

You're a liar and your word is useless!

Class? What do you know of class?

I will never hold an item or sell you anything ever again!

Tell me this didn't happen, tell me that you didn't try to get the item again a while later with another bogus ploy with some PMs?

Your word is empty and useless.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Here you go you can keep blasting me in your own thread. No pics were posted when I asked you to hold them when I saw there condition I got back to you about the FACT to the WAF would stop the purchase. I guess I am the only one that has asked to buy something and did not purchase. You stated your friend was selling out of need and I was going to try to help but did not want the amp. You has chases me down any chance you can get. I won't lower myself to the level you have been to me.

This is completely uncalled for.Pack sand.
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    Options

You're full of ****!! When I told you the nicks were minimal and that the amp was in perfect condition and that you would be able to dab them with a marker, you said okay and then came back with more bogus ****.

You are lower than snake **** a wagon rut. . . you have no sense of honesty or honor because instead of doing a mia culpa you keep trying to defend you ****.

You commited to the purchase and the seller turned down other offers based on your word (which is useless). After all this went down, you some time later, tried to low ball the seller. You are a liar and your word is useless.

I'm done with you ****. Go respond to more posts with useless comments, that is all you're good for.
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Boy engtaz, really struck a cord with you .......................................wheeeeeeewwww!

part of that bad week sneaking out a little huh ?

You make it better last night , I cant wait to get home and pour a drink myself but thats for another thread.......
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • sophie
    sophie Posts: 511
    edited June 2007
    Options
    can i have dibs on the adcom 5500? i don't know if i have the cash right now. i will try to figure it out by tomorrow morning so anyone els who wants this they can get it sooner.
    Polk monitor 10B's and 5 jr's
    Adcom gfa 5500 and HK/240
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT