Upgrade Advice for Keyboard & Mouse

Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
I'm considering upgrading my keyboard and mouse. Right now I have a Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0 and a Logitech wireless keyboard. Both of them use the wired external sensors that plug into the back of the computer and take up desk space. I really like the battery life on both units.

Does the new laser technology work better than what I have now?

I'd like to buy both the keyboard and mouse as a package. I'm looking at these two:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cordless-Desktop-MX3200-Laser/dp/B000HCRVSK/ref=wl_it_dp/002-4133778-0179225?ie=UTF8&coliid=I11A0JQ8L80UZW&colid=3ALDHEM2LTMUK

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cordless-Desktop-710-Laser/dp/B000HCUTU2/ref=wl_it_dp/002-4133778-0179225?ie=UTF8&coliid=ISXR4TA3NR2MX&colid=3ALDHEM2LTMUK

Any advice or recommendations?

Thanks.
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2007
    I would go with the first one. I'm not a huge fan of a ton of fancy buttons, but the mouse in the first one has side buttons that work as back/forward buttons in IE. I have a very similar mouse, and I love it.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited April 2007
    agreed, but i'd buy it from newegg - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126007

extra $20 off
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited April 2007
    Just make sure you break them in before doing serious typing/scrolling/clicking.... :D

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2007
    Good find NA
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Early B.
    edited April 2007
    Thanks, Nadams.

I'll order that one.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited April 2007
    FWIW, I have the MX Revolution mouse and it rocks! I can't go back to standard mice now, with the awesome "hyperscroll" or whatever. It also has enough buttons in the right places to eliminate many of my keystrokes in Firefox, Photoshop and it is even configured so the only keys I have to push while video editing are the left/right arrows. Also super comfy though the one downside is that it doesn't have bluetooth.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • Early B.
    edited April 2007
    Got the Logitech MX 3200 keyboard and mouse yesterday. It's OK. Nothing great about it. A few more neat features, but nothing worth upgrading for.

• Sansui
    Sansui Posts: 372
    edited April 2007
    Mouse? Trackballs are the only way to go.
    Be gentle, I'm new to all this...

The mind blowing speed of the BRAIN TRAIN...
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited April 2007
    Sansui wrote: »
    Mouse? Trackballs are the only way to go.

I agree totally! However, I don't think anyone has made a decent trackball since the Logitech Trackman II. I've been through a dozen different models from Logitech, MS, and Kensington since the Trackman II was discontinued.

If you're not looking for an ergo keyboard, I'd go with one of the Logitech bluetooth desktop sets. Otherwise, the MS Wireless Optical Desktop Pro is the only way to go.