Masters Week in Augusta

Polkersince85
Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
It's once again that time of year here in Augusta, GA. Time to get all the pets in, lock up the house and..........

Go Out And Party.:D :D:D:D:p
>
>
>This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
Post edited by Polkersince85 on

Comments

• wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited April 2007
    I love to watch the show, they just need to dump that God awful music they play.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited April 2007
    Dude, give my right nut to play that course. It's like Mecca for us average Joe's. Does it really get that crazy down there?
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited April 2007
    Yesssss!!!!
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited April 2007
    That is one tournament I enjoy watching even if they pump the hell out of it.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,710
    edited April 2007
    Bring your winter jackets if you are going to the tournament! I can't believe this cold snap they are predicting!
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2007
    I actually got free tournament round tickets in 1999. It was incredible. What you don't get on TV is the elevation changes. 10, for example, the second shot is straight uphill, moreso than it would seem on TV.

Heaven couldn't look that good if God had the money.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited April 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    Heaven couldn't look that good if God had the money.
    BDT

Well said. It is a beautiful place. Should be on everyone's to do list.

Funny story from Tuesday's practice round. A taxi pulled up to the gate and a Korean man got out, went to the trunk and pulled out his golf clubs.

He went up to the gate and pointed to his "Practice round ticket and tried to get in to "practice". Got to admire the ambition.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited April 2007
    I can't wait till this weekend. I'm going home so I can watch in HiDef, no better way to view Augusta National besides actually being there.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited April 2007
    man there are only a few below par after the first round, this is their FO
    URTH day playing this course this week, everyday is a new and different course that makes the pros humble.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • apc
    apc Posts: 779
    edited April 2007
    Had practice round tickets for Monday and it was hot! Temps well into the 80's. We all got some sun to go along with our pimento cheese's and coldbeer. Heaven on Earth without a doubt. Every time we go, it takes your breath away.
    Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2007
    You know, I would absolutely love to back during the tournament but I actually prefer going to the practice rounds.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited April 2007
    billbillw wrote: »
    Bring your winter jackets if you are going to the tournament! I can't believe this cold snap they are predicting!

I'll trade your weather for mine right now..:rolleyes:
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited April 2007
    krabby5 wrote: »
    I'll trade your weather for mine right now..:rolleyes:

+2, our Easter is gonna be colder than Christmas.:(
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited April 2007
    Tiger is on the prowl and he smells blood.....
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited April 2007
    What happened to Brett Wetterich, an 83, damn I was hoping he would pull it off.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • PhillieB
    PhillieB Posts: 5
    edited April 2007
    daboyz wrote: »
    Dude, give my right nut to play that course. It's like Mecca for us average Joe's. Does it really get that crazy down there?

So funny that be loosing it for something so lame, not because the course is lame yet your skillz lack. I golf myself I usually shoot -5 on most courses but when professionals struggle to shoot just par means that you shoot well above it.
    Mavericks Go Hard!