Remember High School Dazes?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
Do you remeber your High School Daze? (1975)

Mine was pretty good due to the fact my Dad was a HI-FI nut back then. 10th grade and making my folks (Tolerated by Dad for obvious reasons) Sick!!....Pioneer SX 1050, Empire TT w/Audio Cart, Naka Tape Deck, Pioneer HPM 150 Speaks. Rush, Doobie Bros, Little River Band, Pink Floyd, Alan Parson's Project, Skynaryd and Ted Nuggent pumping while peeling the paint. Dad loved when I played Herb Alpert or Maynard. When I graduated to TRUE HI-Fi I left most of these behind because of the sonics involved. But I introduced Dad to my new, and old, equipment as of late and we had a blast. He really loved the way the music moved thru the room and we shared a passion of the hobby. We laughed at how Mom would BANG on the door to my room telling me to...**""Turn the **** down before I call your Dad"**....yeah..right!!. It was a great time in life that I'm finally getting to share with my Pop.....Life is short people....go back if you can. :D
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited April 2007
    Thanks for sharing those memories! My parents hated my music, my records, my baseball cards, etc. They thought it was all a waste of money. I have so many friends, and met so many people because of my passion for music, record collecting and my pursuit of audio nirvana that I would have never had, except for my passion.

My folks are gone now and I would encourage all of you with parents to talk about the experiences that you remember most. They appreciate that more than any gift you could give them.

BTW, my mother threw away my baseball cars when I was about fifteen (sometime around 1968-69). I had every Topps baseball card and many doubles from the years 1960 thru 1965. There were many priceless cards in that collection.:(
    Carl

• Systems
    edited April 2007
    Thanks Bro....I can relate! Mine will be gone soon and I hate that. Dad Loves and ....well...he can "Feel"...the music I'm playing for him. My skin crawls when I write this. My Dad was a Leader in his hood, his friends, considering his (their) music. The level of the sonics was sooooooooooo smooth. I just wish everybody could sample...could "have" sampled...the music I was introduced to as a scrappy assed pain. He was more than an inspiration to me...He was my Dad.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited April 2007
    I love going back in time. Thanks for sharing that.
    Carl, you nailed it. My Dad is gone but Mom and I talk on the phone every week. She is at the other end of the country so we do not see each other that often. When we begin to talk about the old times, the conversation never ends. I know she enjoys it and frankly, so do I.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Systems
    edited April 2007
    That's what this is all about.....Memories. Past and what could have been. Mom wants to die. Dad wants to live. I have to respect both and savor what we all have together now. Its not sorrow that keeps us longing...but memories that keep us all reaching for days of remembrance. Dad loving my gear and thoughts of HIS influance on my musical passion...And Mom's subliminal messages of my youth and "OUR" struggles through it all. She understands ME more than Dad ever will. Why?......because "SHE" endured US both.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing