Clapton Rules!!!!

cmy330go
cmy330go Posts: 2,341
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just got back from seeing Eric Clapton at the Qwest Center in Omaha, NE, and had make a quick post to remind you all that Clapton Rules! That's all for now. Off to bed with a smile.:D
HT
Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
Post edited by cmy330go on

Comments

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited March 2007
    That would be one show I would like to see. Glad you had a good time.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited March 2007
    I'm listening to "God" right now. "Standing at the crossroads trying to read the signs to tell me which way I should go to find the answer....."
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited March 2007
    believe I'm sinking down,,,,:)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • george daniel
    edited March 2007
    cmy330go wrote:
    Just got back from seeing Eric Clapton at the Qwest Center in Omaha, NE, and had make a quick post to remind you all that Clapton Rules! That's all for now. Off to bed with a smile.:D

who were the other members of the band? Saw him in Atlanta,,Derrick Trucks,Link Wray,,,best Clapton,,outside of Cream that I've seen yet,,glad you had a good time.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2007
    I saw Derrick Trucks a bunch of times touring with the Allman Brothers 6+ years ago, amazing guitarist.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited April 2007
    who were the other members of the band? Saw him in Atlanta,,Derrick Trucks,Link Wray,,,best Clapton,,outside of Cream that I've seen yet,,glad you had a good time.

Guitarist Doyle Bramhall II
    Keyboardists Chris Stainton & Tim Carmon
    Bassist Willie Weeks
    Drummer Steve Jordan
    Backup singers Michelle John and Sharon White

Robert Cray Band opened the show with about a half hour to 45 minute set, and then Robert also came out for the closing song Crossroads.

It just doesn't get any better than a stage full of masters. What also made it really enjoyable was the sound technicians. It was loud without being torturous and everything stayed crystal clear. Well as crystal clear as an arena can be.

The only problem with shows like this is it makes the inferior artist's shows seem that much worse.

I've got to admit I'm still running on a bit of a high from this show.

GOD I LOVE MUSIC!!!
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • george daniel
    edited April 2007
    I said Link Ray,,,I meant Robert Cray,, Doyle was with him in ATL. also,,,you just know when Eric hits those first few licks that it's gonna be good,,at least it was for me :D
  • sophie
    sophie Posts: 511
    edited April 2007
    awww wis i know about this went threw omaha friday. and its not to far from here, (clearlake) i would have loved to see him.
    Polk monitor 10B's and 5 jr's
    Adcom gfa 5500 and HK/240
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT