New Polkmomo Line

cam5860
cam5860 Posts: 632
edited April 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
Has anyone heard how much longer it is going to be for the new polkmomo line comes out? They are past due for a new line in this department.
Post edited by cam5860 on

Comments

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2007
    They had a survey about them a couple weeks ago, with several different pictures of different designs to figure out which ones people like best. So I'd say they are still awhile off.
  • kaisersose
    kaisersose Posts: 92
    edited April 2007
    I am new to Car audio systems. How old is MOMO shown in Crutchfield?

Is the MOMO line the equivalent to their LSI line in home audio?
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited April 2007
    No, the SR(Signature Reference) line would be the equivalent to the LSi line.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • cam5860
    edited April 2007
    The thing that gets me is a year or two ago when you all had that gathering at polk audio headquarters. They had a diagram layout of how the momo's were going to be built.

And if I remember correctly they had a protype of one. It just seems like it's taking them a long time this time around. When you consider other company's bring out a new line every year.
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2007
    There is a tremendous amount of time that goes into pre-production, design and the overall process of a new product....sometimes years.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited April 2007
    Patience can be a good thing :D
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • cam5860
    edited April 2007
    Yeah thats true blackmax! I guess I'm just getting tired of the current momo line. I hope the new momo's will sound better than the current line. Hopefully they will add a little of the SR Series technology to the momo line this time around.
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited April 2007
    cam5860 wrote:
    The thing that gets me is a year or two ago when you all had that gathering at polk audio headquarters. They had a diagram layout of how the momo's were going to be built.

And if I remember correctly they had a protype of one. It just seems like it's taking them a long time this time around. When you consider other company's bring out a new line every year.

That was probably the 5.25" SR components you're thinking of. I don't think we even were thinking that heavily about the Momo stuff then... unless it was an off the wall industrial design idea.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited April 2007
    dorokusai wrote:
    There is a tremendous amount of time that goes into pre-production, design and the overall process of a new product....sometimes years.

Only a few Polk products have taken yearS to develop :) Two from recent memory spring to mind.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited April 2007
    cam5860 wrote:
    Yeah thats true blackmax! I guess I'm just getting tired of the current momo line. I hope the new momo's will sound better than the current line. Hopefully they will add a little of the SR Series technology to the momo line this time around.

That would be nice..... trickle down affect would be good :D.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2007
    bknauss wrote:
    Only a few Polk products have taken yearS to develop :) Two from recent memory spring to mind.

*bow* I'll leave that issue to the pro's but my point was its not simple. If it was, we'd all be in the business.
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited April 2007
    I think they were showing a "step- up" Momo sub for a while, but that never happened. Instead we did the SR subs.

New Momo will be out next year, new db was introduced this year, but the new db subs are still a few months off...
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited April 2007
    Thom wrote:
    I think they were showing a "step- up" Momo sub for a while, but that never happened. Instead we did the SR subs.

New Momo will be out next year, new db was introduced this year, but the new db subs are still a few months off...

Yeah, it was a BEEFY sub, big magnets and huge surrounds. Was supposed to be a power monster. Like 1000-1200 watts or something IIRC.

However, that wasn't the cool sub! The cool one was that push-pull unit! That was an awesome idea!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • cam5860
    edited April 2007
    Thom can you tell much difference in the new db's this year far as sound quality goes?