Got official word 5 minutes ago...

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,536
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just got offered my promotion/new position by CPO. Signed and accepted. It's a major promotion, and 10 years in the waiting, but its happened.

Now...off to Vegas Baby!:D :D:D:D:D
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited March 2007
    Alright!!!! Congratulations! Try not to spend it all on hookers and blow:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2007
    steveinaz wrote:
    Just got offered my promotion/new position by CPO. Signed and accepted. It's a major promotion, and 10 years in the waiting, but its happened.

Now...off to Vegas Baby!:D :D:D:D:D

I was watching Married with Children last night and saw an episode where Al Bundy got a loan from his next door neighbor (the banker) because it won him a trip to Vegas. Similar circumstances here? :D

Congrats!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • izafar
    izafar Posts: 819
    edited March 2007
    Congrats!
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
  • nebborjk
    nebborjk Posts: 425
    edited March 2007
    Congrats. Don't forget to stop by the Venus pool at Caesar’s before you leave.
    Proud SOPA Member since 2005!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited March 2007
    Congrats!! Isn't it nice to see your efforts being rewarded?

Buy some gear!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited March 2007
    Paaaartaaayyyyyy!!!!! Congrats!:D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2007
    Crazy Horse Too, Here I come!!!!

Congrats, Stevie!
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2007
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited March 2007
    Congrats Steve! Best of luck! I hope that your next promotion doesn't take as long.
    Carl

• MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited March 2007
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just got back from Vegas last night. Have a ball, it's the best adult playground alive.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited March 2007
    polkatese wrote:
    Crazy Horse Too, Here I come!!!!

Congrats, Stevie!

Congrats!!!! DOn't forget to stop by Cheetas as well. :D
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2007
    Thanks y'all! Bev & I are Vegas regulars, we love the place and it's only a 7 hour drive from us.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • MattN03
    MattN03 Posts: 558
    edited March 2007
    Congrats and have fun in Vegas! I can't wait to go back :D
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited March 2007
    Congrats my man! Enjoy, and make sure to fill us in on the details when ya get back!!! :D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• steveinaz
    edited March 2007
    Hey man, you get a new job and I get promoted...not a bad week!
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited March 2007
    Congrats Steve. Have Fun.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    Congrats Steve , it's great when a good plan comes together even if it does take 10 years. . .actually those are the best!!!
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited March 2007
    Congrats Steve!!! Well deserved, I'm sure.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • MrNightly
    edited March 2007
    steveinaz wrote:
    Hey man, you get a new job and I get promoted...not a bad week!

Not a bad week at all! I hope in ten years, I'm still getting big promotions! Who knows? VP of the company?!? :D
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2007
    Congrats Steve!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2007
    Thank you all!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,569
    edited March 2007
    Congrats Steve!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited March 2007
    Congrats!! FYI - stay away from the Craps table..
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited March 2007
    Congrats. Regards Snow
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2007
    Thanks fellers
  • Ricardo
    edited March 2007
    I see a pair of Von Schweikerts VR-4 Jr's in your future :)

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2007
    oh believe me, the $5k/pr speaker research is on-going...LOL Cool thing is, the $5k segment is loaded with fierce competition with some very fine speakers to pick from.
  • Ricardo
    edited March 2007
    Don't leave Tyler out....if you can find someone close that has them go listen to them.

SOPA
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2007
    Wat to go Steve-O :) Congrats!!!
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • MrNightly
    edited March 2007
    steveinaz wrote:
    oh believe me, the $5k/pr speaker research is on-going...LOL Cool thing is, the $5k segment is loaded with fierce competition with some very fine speakers to pick from.

Holy cow... I can only imagine having that kinda coin to drop... WAY TO BE!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805