A requirement for every tube owner...

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,569
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
Whether you have an amp, preamp or CDP, or multitudes of both - a nice fan is a requirement during summer months.

Who knew you could find a fan that could match your speakers AND your gear??

Not to bad for 50 bucks at Walllly Mart
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
fan.jpg 133.3K
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited March 2007
    Nice! Now you can point the fan to keep your electronics cool.
  • VR3
    edited March 2007
    Haha, yeah - but heck it was 85 degrees in my room the other night. Talk about uncomfortably hot for a 10.5x10.5 room??
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited March 2007
    Very nice Trey
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited March 2007
    Haha, yeah - but heck it was 85 degrees in my room the other night. Talk about uncomfortably hot for a 10.5x10.5 room??

Quit whacking off so much.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa I just got that picture!!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Whether you have an amp, preamp or CDP, or multitudes of both - a nice fan is a requirement during summer months.

Who knew you could find a fan that could match your speakers AND your gear??

Not to bad for 50 bucks at Walllly Mart

Trey is it quiet?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited March 2007
    Trey is it quiet?

No....he moans alot.....Oh...you mean the fan???:D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    You guys crack me the eff up!!!
  • VR3
    edited March 2007
    Haha - you guys are a riot. lol

Is it quiet?

Id say at full speed - its probally at about the volume of someone softly talking....

you can easily drown it out with a little music or something of the sort.

But in my small room, speed 1 is pretty significant shift in temperature, much less 3.

Compared to a massive 12" fan or something Ive had in here before - its far quieter in air movement and general operation.

Having a remote and a timer is a neat trick too... and some time of Ion thingy.
  • VR3
    edited March 2007
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007

I'm glad you posted that cause it was my next question. How's it do with static? Does it increase it or decrease it or no affect at all?
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited March 2007
    I'm glad you posted that cause it was my next question. How's it do with static? Does it increase it or decrease it or no affect at all?

Damm Joe if it gets rid of static you need to buy 3:D ;) :eek:
  • VR3
    edited March 2007
    I havnt particularly noticed an increase of static...
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited March 2007
    The Candela that is?
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Fireman32 wrote:
    Damm Joe if it gets rid of static you need to buy 3:D ;) :eek:
    You got that right. No sooner than I take a record just cleaned off the 16.5, and carry it over to the turntable I can see bits of dust flying through the air trying to attach themselves to the record. Then I have to us the ion gun to get rid of the static and then have to run the carbon fiber brush across the just cleaned record. . uh it can be exhuasting but it is worth every bit of work once that record starts to play.

And for the record my wife is a clean freak so no dirty house jokes!!!
  • VR3
    edited March 2007
    For what its worth, this thing has a built in ION thingy...

I have not got my Candela yet - will be in about 3-4 months, give or take...
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2007
    I have thingy too. when ION something my thingy becomes a door-knocker

Joe the 16.5 puts static on the record, you need a watts preener or some such brush.

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    I have thingy too. when ION something my thingy becomes a door-knocker

Joe the 16.5 puts static on the record, you need a watts preener or some such brush.

RT1

Ted don't those types of brushes leave some residue?
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited March 2007
    Just think how that sucker will work once you upgrade the PC!!!!:D Talk about cooling off a room!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2007
    Then I have to us the ion gun to get rid of the static and then have to run the carbon fiber brush across the just cleaned record. . uh it can be exhuasting but it is worth every bit of work once that record starts to play.

And for the record my wife is a clean freak so no dirty house jokes!!!

That is weird. My house is a freakin dust bowl and I never see that. BTW, I am an anti-clean freak.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2007
    +1, im on the local anti-clean agency....i cant live in an orderly manner.....

:rolleyes:
  • VR3
    edited March 2007
    My room stays pretty much spotless...

Granted if a pen falls on the floor - that would limit your walking area about 80% ;)
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2007
    My room stays pretty much spotless...

Granted if a pen falls on the floor - that would limit your walking area about 80% ;)

Yea I hear living in a washing machine cardboard box is hard to do.....you should try to upgrade to a refrigerator box.

You should start building your furniture with ladders and walkways over it this way you can keep expanding. :p
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2007
    You're in North Carolina? Why don't you have Air Conditioning??

I could understand if it was Mississippi, but damn. :eek:
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2007
    Ted don't those types of brushes leave some residue?

I've used the Watts Preener and like it. I prefer the Hunt brush better though.

Also, if you are using the VPI brush, pitch it. Get the MFSL brush. It's MUCH better.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2007
    Im shooting you all with my Zerostat at the next PF.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • VR3
    edited March 2007
    shepx2 wrote:
    You're in North Carolina? Why don't you have Air Conditioning??

I could understand if it was Mississippi, but damn. :eek:

We have air conditioning...

My room is usually about 5-10 degrees hotter in than the rest of the house though...

Its a blessing in the winter and a torture in the summer :)
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    TroyD wrote:
    I've used the Watts Preener and like it. I prefer the Hunt brush better though.

Also, if you are using the VPI brush, pitch it. Get the MFSL brush. It's MUCH better.

BDT

I use the VPI brush to apply two of the four fluids, I then finish with the MFSL brush with the final fluid.

Watss Preener & Hunt brushes. Are these used during the wet / vac process or when the record is on the turntable ready to be played?
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2007
    I use the preener when the record is on the table.

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    I use the preener when the record is on the table.

RT1

I have a carbon fibre brush (the spelling is correct) that I received from a fellow from Canada. I use it when the record is on the table. What I want to know is do the preeners get rid of the static on the record on the turntable? That is where my problem lies after I use the carbon fibre brush. It causes static and this static discharge manifest themselves as ticks and pops. How I know this is that when listening to a record I hear the ticks and pops in certain places. When I listen again, those ticks and pops are not there. . . mostly rainy days when the air is full of moisture.