TV Antenna

cruiser3
cruiser3 Posts: 47
edited August 2002 in Electronics
Recently purchased Sony 24 inch TV for my Mother-in-law for her 80 something birthday. Regular rabbit ears dont quite do the trick as far as recepetion is concerned on some of the channels and she wont get Cable. Any suggestions would be appreciated. THANKS!!
Onkyo 696 receiver, Panasonic DVD RV31U,Polk RM6600 w/ 350 sub (rti28's 2nd zone), JVC Dual tape deck, MMF-2.1 Turntable, JVC 5010 CD R. ((its simple, its cheap, it works))
Post edited by cruiser3 on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2002
    Try a powered antenna, or a roof-top job.....

I think you bag a powered for $50 at ratshack, take it back if it doesnt blow her skirt up....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited August 2002
    Mother-in-law for her 80 something birthday
    if it doesnt blow her skirt up....
    Something about these two quotes just don't go well together.

On topic, I use a powered set of rabbit ears, works great for all the local channels. Got it a Best Buy for about $30.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited August 2002
    We haven't had cable for a few years now.. rooftop antenna does an OK job upstairs, but won't make it downstairs. I bought a... Phillips, I think, powered antenna at Wal-Mart for about $25. I *think* they had one that was a 25dB gain, which I bought, and one with a 40dB gain, that was like $40. Not sure about the gains, but I bought the second most powerful and thought I'd try that and if it didn't work, try the most powerful. It has worked pretty well, although it is touchy. Worked MUCH MUCH better than plain old rabbit ears.
  • cruiser3
    cruiser3 Posts: 47
    edited August 2002
    Ron P

I agree. It is somewhat insulting, but she wont see this...*L*
    I have tried powered rabbit ears and not much difference. I think an out door one might do the trick. OR, she will just have to break down and get cable. Thanks for your help!
    Onkyo 696 receiver, Panasonic DVD RV31U,Polk RM6600 w/ 350 sub (rti28's 2nd zone), JVC Dual tape deck, MMF-2.1 Turntable, JVC 5010 CD R. ((its simple, its cheap, it works))
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2002
    Man, it was just a figure of speech..... ;)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.