RTA 11t in South/Central Jersey

Options
George Grand
George Grand Posts: 12,258
edited March 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
A guy at work phoned me today and asked if I could move a pair for him. He has original boxes and the speakers are perfect (black). I think he was hoping for around $200 but I think $150 will get them. I know this because he only paid $300 for them in 1991. To me. I was the original owner and sold off both pair that I had purchased new in 1989 to offset the purchase price of The Carver Amazings in 1991. I bought the first pair for $290 brand new from the BX, and the second pair a few days later for $272. I don't know how the BX managed to stay in business. I used to bang them pretty hard and pretty regularly.

Anybody interested they are for local pickup only and I can probably have them here on a day or two notice.
Post edited by George Grand on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I used to bang them pretty hard and pretty regularly.

I feel ill.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I might be interested at $150.00 I really like the layout of this speaker. My question is how do they compare to the Monitor 7 as far as Imaging and soundstage? I am sure, and have read that they have plenty of bass, even without a backyard pond:D . I had mentioned in another post that I was considering replacing my RTi10's with a pair of RTA 11T's after a tweeter replacement. What do think?
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Buy them.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited March 2007
    Options
    George if he will take $150 I'll take them. I may need a week or 2 to get up to exit 5 though.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • George Grand
    edited March 2007
    Options
    He's taking $150, I'll tell him tomorrow. OR, HE can try to sell them for $200 to his "I want something small like Bose" circle of friends. He paid $300 15 years ago. It works out to less than a dollar a month for the whole time he had them. If there were months he didn't turn the amps on, it's not our fault.

I can't do anything this weekend, I gotta pull alert both Sat and Sun at the airbase. Next weekend is a go though if you can swing it. The one after that too.

Doro, T-shirt or polo shirt. Something that wasn't made for Paul Freakin Bunyan you know? Maybe a medium. Sunglasses too if they have them.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Easter weekend I will be out of town. The earliest I could make it would be the weekend after Easter. I may be able to squeeze in a late afternoon departure from Baltimore during the week if that would work for you.

You let me know what works for you and if you need me to send you money or I will just bring cash when I pick them up.

Scott
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Scott - Give me a shout when you make arrangements as I may want to join you...if you want some company that is. I need my yearly George Grand fix.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I gas up my Scooter. No chaps this time.:D

That would be cool. Let's try to work it out and we can all Polk it up.
  • George Grand
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Scott, I'll get the speakers over here for you and we can work out details. No cash required ahead of time, this is us.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Great.

Thanks George.

Scott
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited March 2007
    Options
    George if he will take $150 I'll take them. I may need a week or 2 to get up to exit 5 though.

Scott

You won't be disappointed. I miss my 11's..........however I don't miss the sl2000 tweeter. Can't wait to swap them out of my 5b's. The Rta-11T is a very nice sounding dynamic speaker and the only knock I could ever say about them is the tweet, but that is accross the board for all Polks with the sl2000.

They will knock your socks off or your underwear if your name is Doro.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!