RTA 11T in Eastern Pennsylvania

Options
riglehart
riglehart Posts: 276
edited March 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
There's a set of these on ebay all the way up to $26. If someone local could pick these up for $100-$150 you'd be very happy. They kind of botched the auction title, so they might get passed over by some. They are great for both HT or 2 channel. I have a pair and like them quite a bit. No affiliation.

http://cgi.ebay.com/POLK-AUDIO-MONITOR-SERIES-FLOOR-SPEAKERS-WOOD-GRAIN_W0QQitemZ130094364959QQcategoryZ71571QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Jolida Tube
Polk 11T, 7, 5, 5jr, 4
Standard equip not worth bragging about.
Post edited by riglehart on

Comments

• jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Wonder what the reserve is??

JT
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited March 2007
    Options
    What is the general consensus on how the RTA 11T's sound?
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I have a pair of these. Very clean sound, surprising bass response for the size. I haven't upgraded the tweeters yet, but from what I've heard the soft domes only make them better.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited March 2007
    Options
    They went for $146.50.

I bid up to $117.00 and then told myself I could wait. I am actually thinking about replacing my RTi10's with the RTA 11T's. Is that dumb or a good move.

If I did it I would replace the tweeter and maybe upgrade the cross over.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2007
    Options
    The RTA series is a very good series of speakers. I haven't heard the RTi10's.
    The RTA is like a vertical alignment Monitor series. Very very nice, and hard to beat with modern speakers.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben