Live music and file sharing

phipiper10
phipiper10 Posts: 955
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
OK in another thread the topic FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) came up and my primary experience/use for FLAC is with File sharing..downloading live music in lossless format in smaller file size but converting to wav or mp3. So I posted the below. It may be of use to some folks though I know if it's not on vinyl or CD some aren't interested. To each his own. It is an mp3 world out there.

"....... There are a lot of resources however for this stuff particularly in the tape trading community. (Remember back in the day trading tapes?) Now it's the "file sharing community".

For anyone who loves live music and isn't afraid of using BitTorrent check out the site below. The music is all free and legal and the people(Tapers) work really hard to make this stuff available. The FAQ is a great guide to get started.

http://bt.etree.org/

There is a bunch of other info about etree here with some great applications listed on the right.

http://etree.org/

I hope someone takes advantage, there is a ton of great stuff over there. It is about the music right! For the hippy haters click on hide dead and phish link. RAdiohead/Taj MAhal, PEter Rowan, just tons of great music.

The tapers are as into their stuff as people here are about their equipment.

While people here have: BADA HD-22 Tubed CDP; Audio Research SP16L tube Preamp; Belles 350a reference; Pair of TAD-60: Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Sig. System; SDA 3.1TL's.

They have: Schoeps CMC6/MK4v(A/B) > V3 > Sound Devices 722 (16/44.1)
Transfer: SD 722 > Firewire > CD Wave > Flac Frontend > FLAC16 > Nero 6 > Plextor PX-716A
Analog Source: Rega P3-24 Exact 2 w/GT delrin platter & Neo TT-PSU Digital Source: Lumin T2 w/Roon (NUC) DAC: Denafrips Pontus II Phono Preamp: Rega Aria MK3 Preamp: Rogue RP-7 Amp: Pass X150.8 Speakers: Joseph Audio Perspective 2, Audio Physic Tempo Plus Cables: Morrow M4 ICs & Audio Art SC-5 ePlus, Shunyata PCs Misc: Shunyata Hydra Delta D6, VTI rack, GIK acoustic panels
Post edited by phipiper10 on

Comments

• phipiper10
    phipiper10 Posts: 955
    edited March 2007
    I realize I meant to really put this with music/movies.
    Analog Source: Rega P3-24 Exact 2 w/GT delrin platter & Neo TT-PSU Digital Source: Lumin T2 w/Roon (NUC) DAC: Denafrips Pontus II Phono Preamp: Rega Aria MK3 Preamp: Rogue RP-7 Amp: Pass X150.8 Speakers: Joseph Audio Perspective 2, Audio Physic Tempo Plus Cables: Morrow M4 ICs & Audio Art SC-5 ePlus, Shunyata PCs Misc: Shunyata Hydra Delta D6, VTI rack, GIK acoustic panels