Comcast GRRRRRR f!****%@#

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
My internet is going to be down up to "Three Days" says Comcast tech support.

Ya know why, I was leaving them and going with a triple play deal from Verizon with FIOS, cable TV, internet, & telephone because I've been efffed over by Comcast so many times in the past two 1/2 months. So I call Comcast to give them the low down and I get their "Retention" dept. I speak to a very awesome woman there who really should be running Comcast's tech support help desk operations. Anyhoo she gives me free this, free that for a year, two month's billing credit, etc etc to keep my business. So I go with it and tell Verizon to take a hike.

Right afterwards, the Comcast billing dept makes a change to my CABLE TV billing, making all the changes that me and this awesome woman agreed to. Five minutes later, I have no internet. I call tech support and they start pointing fingers and tell me that it is a database problem and has to go to tier two support and should be back in business in an hour or two. Apparently everytime there is a billing change now the internet connection is somehow involved ??? :confused: Not needing to use the internet for a few hours I let it be.

I called back around three o'clock and am told that it could take up to three days for tier two (their gods) get to my problem and even when they do they won't be calling me or tier one support to let us know that the problem is resolved. . . I'll just have to keep checking my connection or keep calling (yeah I'm gonna keep calling so I can talk to an automated machine for 15 minutes and get nowhere and then wait on hold for another 15 minutes and then an hour later still be on the phone with tier one:rolleyes: ) to see if the problem has been resolved.

WTF????

This is their idea of rentention!!!: :mad: :rolleyes: . I call that awesome woman back and she's pist. She calls tier one and two and gets a guarantee that my internet will be up by tomorrow afternoon . . . or before?:rolleyes:

So after I leave this location where I am currently typing this, I have no internet access and any gon or epay deals I'm watching are effffffff'd.

Ya don't realize how dependant on the internet you are until you are completely cut off from it.

I'm quite annoyed.

See you all tomorrow. . . I hope:rolleyes:

Like Tony Soprano says, "Wadddaya gonna do?" Or as little Carmine said, "no sense crying over spilt sour grapes." LOL

Okay I'm getting my last fix!!!
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited March 2007
    I see you are a slow learner.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2007
    Never take the free stuff. If they wanted you they would have offered you a better deal while you wanted to be a customer. And never go back. You'll get all sorts of better offers in winback campaigns. Just drop them in the trash and thank the Lord for living in a free market economy.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2007
    That's why I love working for the phone company as I'm always connected :D

Comcast is the new Ma' Bell.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited March 2007
    dorokusai wrote:
    That's why I love working for the phone company as I'm always connected :D

Comcast is the new Ma' Bell.

Comcast does suck, but they're far from the new Ma Bell. That distinction goes to the resurectors of the Monopoly, SBC/ATT. Give it another 2 years and Qwest will be added to their fold.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2007
    Regionally, they are parasitic....dress it up all you want.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2007
    I'm not sure we are any better off now without Ma Bell, then we were with her!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited March 2007
    I've had Insight digital cable and their 10.0 broadband service for a long time(only 1 1/2 yrs of internet service) and I can't remember any of my services being down for more than a few minutes(usually when they are doing an upgrade). Sometimes I think it just comes down to cutting corners on service. I might have to pay a little more than satellite, but having, virtually, no service interruptions for 9 years makes it worth it.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited March 2007
    ^^ I have to agree about Insight hardly ever being down, infact I can't think of the last time I was completely w/o internet or cable. They have touted their most recent upgrade as giving superior speed and I think the actual service is a tad slower than it used to be. In the evening when usage seems to be very high volume my connection gets really bogged down and the response time is extremely slow. I have yet to call Insight to complain, but I got on-board before they had all these wonderful package deals to my cost is at the top of the scale for the service.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited March 2007
    heiney9 wrote:
    ^^ I have to agree about Insight hardly ever being down, infact I can't think of the last time I was completely w/o internet or cable. They have touted their most recent upgrade as giving superior speed and I think the actual service is a tad slower than it used to be. In the evening when usage seems to be very high volume my connection gets really bogged down and the response time is extremely slow. I have yet to call Insight to complain, but I got on-board before they had all these wonderful package deals to my cost is at the top of the scale for the service.

H9

My Insight bill is $138/month. That includes digital cable(somewhere between 150-200 channels), HBO, Showtime, Encore, Family pack, HD pack, DVR, two boxes, and 10.0 broadband.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited March 2007
    When I got back from Iraq, I got a $2400 bill from Comcast as a homecoming present.....Turns out the cable guy who came to shut off my service pocketed my two boxes and my DVR....Almost forgot he took the modem that I PURCHASED as well....Since the DVR never made it back into their system, they continued to bill me for service while I was gone....To the tune of another $1300 on top of that...It took a lawyer and 65 days to get the charges reversed, and it just came off of my credit two weeks ago....At the end of the conversation about the charges being reversed, the guy had the balls to ask when I wanted them to come out and hook me back up....Some people's children....
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,709
    edited March 2007
    Looks like our friend from Deleware is still without internet. I'd be going CRAZY!!!!
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    I just this second got back on. . . almost 48 freekin' hours down. The good news is I have three months of free cable TV, internet, and telephone service, two free DVRs for the a year starting today, one free digital box, $313 credit for installation charges I paid (this is what started this whole mess), and free HBO/Cinemax for a year and 6 months free of Showtime.

As you can imagine I was on the phone with Comcast's customer service and retention departments every two hours around the clock for two days breaking their balls and demanding restitution.

I wasn't a squeeky wheel I was a rumbling earthquake!!! LOL
  • billbillw
    edited March 2007
    Welcome back. Get that Mk4 yet?
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Thanks and yep, I'll write about it tonight. I feel like a thief!!! LOL
  • billbillw
    edited March 2007
    Robble, Robble, Robble! Can't wait to hear about it.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2007

Just be careful or you will have a hellish bill on the 13th month.
  • cfrizz
    edited March 2007
    ROFLOL!!! Way to go Joe, sometimes you have to stay on them to get justice done!

BTW I'm listening to Jazz at the Pawnshop even as I type this.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    PolkThug wrote:
    Just be careful or you will have a hellish bill on the 13th month.

You know them well Thuggy, and yes Jess, despite being a slow learner :p I already told the awesome "Rentention" rep that I wanted everything in writing before I pay the next bill.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    cfrizz wrote:
    ROFLOL!!! Way to go Joe, sometimes you have to stay on them to get justice done!

BTW I'm listening to Jazz at the Pawnshop even as I type this.

Well c'mon Lady what do you think????
  • cfrizz
    edited March 2007
    I just gave it a quick listen through. I will try to sit still this Saturday & give it a real listen.

It is a very good recording & the instruments are very clear. But as I said I have a real hard time listening to jazz. It's a little too free form for me.

Even with singers, when they start all that bap wadley doo da stuff I start tuning out.

But I will sit down this weekend and give it a real listen. I do like who ever is playing what sounds like a xylephone.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited March 2007
    jmwest1970 wrote:
    SBC/ATT. Give it another 2 years and Qwest will be added to their fold.

I hope the F*&^ not.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    cfrizz wrote:
    I just gave it a quick listen through. I will try to sit still this Saturday & give it a real listen.

It is a very good recording & the instruments are very clear. But as I said I have a real hard time listening to jazz. It's a little too free form for me.

Even with singers, when they start all that bap wadley doo da stuff I start tuning out.

But I will sit down this weekend and give it a real listen. I do like who ever is playing what sounds like a xylephone.

Lars Erstrand on the vibraphones.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited March 2007
    Welcome back bud we missed ya.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Fireman32 wrote:
    Welcome back bud we missed ya.

Thanks Dave I'm glad someone did!!!LOL:cool:
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited March 2007
    I hate Comcast and refuse to give them my money. I haven't had cable since last July. Since I can't get another provider in my current apt. building I decided to cancel it altogether. For internet, $14/month DSL through ATT is fine for me...
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre