Best Deals on Phones?

okiepolkie
okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
I'm about to upgrade to a new phone with Cingular, and am looking to see where people get their phones. As most of us are with this hobby, I am thrifty, so I am always looking for a good deal.

Over the years, I've bought them from several different places, with Radio Shack being one of the cheapest locally. However, I know there are legitimate places online that I can get one even cheaper. So far, my best option has been through buy.com(through wirefly), and Wirefly.com(directly).

I'm looking to get one of the Blackberry Pearls, so let me know if you know any problems with them. Buy.com has them for $109.00+$25 customer rebate & $75 media rebates and a $50 check. Wirefly has it for $150+ $65 customer rebate + $75 media rebate & free bluetooth headset.
Tschüss
Zach
Post edited by okiepolkie on

Comments

• Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited March 2007
    I've heard good things about wirefly but I've never bought a cell phone over the 'net, always at the stores. I want to upgrade my T-Mobile phone to the Pearl or Dash but I'm patient. The prices will fall and then I'll jump on one.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited March 2007
    Reported....:D :D

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • okiepolkie
    edited March 2007
    HTrookie wrote:
    HTrookie wrote:
    YOU x2 :D:D:D:D

I don't mind spending a little extra right now, as I can write it off, since it is used mainly for business. But I still like to get a good deal on it. I've had a Nokia 3220 for the last 2 years, and it has served me well, but I don't like any of Cingular's current Nokia offerings at the moment. Plus, I've begun to need more info on me all the time. I've got a dell axim, and like it, but I just don't have it with me every time I need some vital info.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • okiepolkie
    edited April 2007
    Ordered a Blackberry Pearl from www.wirefly.com this morning. Since I was eliglbe for an upgrade, the phone was free, so I paid $10(2-3 day shipping), $36 for the upgrade fee, and $17 for a car charger(I know I could have gottone one cheaper, but I didn't want to mess with shopping for one).

I did have to call them to complete my order, since I am part of a family plan that has upgraded phones at different times. Overall, I'm pleased with everything.

With this phone, I'll probably be shuffling a 1 yr old Dell Axim x51v through the flea market.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited April 2007
    Hmmmm... I've always wanted the Blackberry pearl but also considered the Dash (I'm T-mobile) but it's so wide... anyone have the Dash? A friend has the Pearl and loves it. I should play with it sometime to see.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited April 2007
    Somebody(Verizon or Cingular) has the Motorola Q(Smartphone) on sale for $79 w/2 yr agreement. I'd get it if I weren'r with Sprint.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • okiepolkie
    edited April 2007
    Hey Noel, did you ever get a chance to get the serial number off your HD-XA1?
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited April 2007
    okiepolkie wrote: »
    Hey Noel, did you ever get a chance to get the serial number off your HD-XA1?

I'll get it to ya later this am. The kids are on spring break, so I need to get them fed first.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • MattN03
    MattN03 Posts: 558
    edited April 2007
    You can get a Motorola RAZR V3xx from Cingular for about $40 if you buy it online from Cingular. I bought one in the store over the weekend and like it so far. It has a very good display and reception is great compared to my older Motorola 551 it replaced.