Great people here on CP

heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,160
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
There are so many great people on this board and here is the perfect example why CP is leap and bounds above the others.

I had asked Doro (Mark) when he was selling his Nakamichi CA-5 if he could send me a copy of the original sales literature as I had misplaced mine many years ago. He agreed for no cost, I thought cool I'll get a b&w copy for my records. Well I got it in the mail today and I am so happy because it's a full color folding copy. Much nicer than I expected. I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't an original. Talk about going above and beyond. :) :cool: .

Thanks so much for the extra effort Mark, it is much appreciated :cool:

H9
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
Post edited by heiney9 on

Comments

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited March 2007
    H9,
    Not to hijack the thread, but Mark has done similar things for me. He's come over to my house on a few occassions to help me with my set-up and even had me over to his house for a demo. A great guy all around; I agree with you that it's people like Mark that make this forum so great.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited March 2007
    Excellent H9. I have had great help here as well. Well done Mark.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2007
    I think Mark is a piece of ****, personally.

When he 'comes over to help', he's really just scoping the place out. Points of entry, small pets, booze, exotic cheeses. If he mails you something, that's his way of 'confirming' your address. You are all screwed.

I'd sleep with one eye open for a while.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • janmike
    edited March 2007
    Thanks for the heads up Russ.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2007
    Screw you guys, I did it all for the nookie! ;)

Why did you have to give away my secret **** list Russ....damnit!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • janmike
    edited March 2007
    Damascus, That was the name of my old skydiving town in Ontario. Strange things happened there on the weekend.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Did it involve being naked and dancing around a fire? I've heard that's cool.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • heiney9
    edited March 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    I think Mark is a piece of ****, personally.

When he 'comes over to help', he's really just scoping the place out. Points of entry, small pets, booze, exotic cheeses. If he mails you something, that's his way of 'confirming' your address. You are all screwed.

I'd sleep with one eye open for a while.

Cheers,
    Russ

HA HA....he can have me in the parking lot at work. I wasn't born yesterday, giving my home addy to someone who spends his waking moments in assless chaps.....pfffffftt. Not going to happen ;)

Come to think of it there was s stange brown van following me home after work :eek:.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Oh you can bet that when I get up to Rockford....I'll be wearing those chaps.
  • heiney9
    edited March 2007
    Not to get all sappy here but I also have to give a big thanks to Doug (dkg999) a local Polkie who has recently hooked me up with a pair of Monitor 5b's and an almost new condition (1987) Yamaha AX-900U integrated for my office rig. He really gave me a couple of great bottom price deals. :cool:

H9
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited March 2007
    Hey, always happy to feed a fellow Polkies habit :cool:

Let's see, Doro on 6th ave Rockford in assless chaps. You can't buy entertainment like that :eek:
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2007
    dkg999 wrote:
    Let's see, Doro on 6th ave Rockford in assless chaps. You can't buy entertainment like that :eek:

There's a damn good reason you can't buy that kind of entertainment....who the hell would pay to see it?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • heiney9
    edited March 2007
    dkg999 wrote:
    Hey, always happy to feed a fellow Polkies habit :cool:

I'm thinking the first Club Polk reality show. Let's just say the entertainment value would be off the charts. Hey Mark, after you get done walking the beat in your chaps on 6th Ave., I promise to buy you a beer. You're going to need a cold few.
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Sweet.
  • janmike
    edited March 2007
    dorokusai wrote:
    Did it involve being naked and dancing around a fire? I've heard that's cool.
    That was a prerequisite for all the Whuffo’s that wanted to spend the night.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited March 2007
    You guys crack me up! CP has a lot of good folks. I've met about 10, all great people. Most are sincere about helping anyone. A few squabbles like most families, but that happens everywhere. Most folks here would give you the shirt off their back. But if you touched their equipment they'd kill you!;) :D
    Carl

• janmike
    edited March 2007
    Dead on the money Carl. Death in a heart beat!
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    You guys crack me up! CP has a lot of good folks. I've met about 10, all great people. Most are sincere about helping anyone. A few squabbles like most families, but that happens everywhere. Most folks here would give you the shirt off their back. But if you touched their equipment they'd kill you!;) :D

EFF U Pittsburgh sucks!@!!:p :D
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited March 2007
    Nobody has ever done sh!# for me here..I'm selling all of my Polk gear. Going buy Axiom and Bose and going to Audioholics.:D :D:p
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek: