FS: MUSIC REFERENCE RM-10 MkII Tube Amplifier

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,576
edited March 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
MUSIC REFERENCE RM-10 MkII Tube Amplifier - 9/10 - Lt. Cherry - *SOLD* on Audiogon

I've been playing with this amp, and eventually myself, for a couple weeks. It's fantastic, very musical and absolutely stunning driving a pair of SF Grand Piano. I was actually suprised, as the Manley LAB100 monoblocks I have handy, sound pretty thick and a little too heavy in the same setup.

Synergy...ain't it a ****.

I've been pretty impressed with this company so far and have also heard the RM-200, again, on the same setup.

Take some time to read some of the links on Robert Modjeski's website, including Roberts' company history and RAM Tube Works information.

The unit is flawless and has very low hours. I picked it up with 15-20 hours shop time and have added another 20-24 hours of head time. The tubes are all stock and RAM certified & matched. The unit has been biased but you should double check it upon receipt. If you have any problems with the tubes, after the sale and within reason, just let me know and I'll take care of it.

The woodwork is absolutely top notch, with very tight corners and tolerances for the edges and routed circumference. This wasn't built in some HS woodshop or by some DIY flunkie.

If you want something rare and unique, this should pique your interest. If you want something everyone else has, that's easy.

Specifications:

Power Output:
35 Watts RMS per channel.
70 Watts RMS Mono.
Distortion:
Less than 1% from 50 Hz to 10 KHz up to rated power.
THD is typically 0.08% at 16
Watts and 0.06% at 10 watts.

Hum:
Less than 250 microvolts
(0.25 millivolts) of hum¹ (see below)

Noise and Hiss:
Typical 40 to 80 microvolts²
(see below)

Frequency Response:
-3 dB at 8 Hz and 50 KHz.

Inputs:
Gold plated Tiffany® RCA
Input impedance = 100 K ohms.
Power Bandwidth:
-3 dB from 29 Hz to 20 KHz.

Outputs:
4 and 8 ohm with 1/2" solid brass hex head posts.

Damping Factor:
12.5. The RM-10 is unconditionally stable

Sensitivity:
950 millivolts for full power

Tube Complement:
2 Matched Pair 6BQ5/EL84;
2-12AX7

Each unit is hand wired
with point-to-point wiring

Net Weight:
14 Pounds

Includes: Original everything, including double box.

Either way, thanks for reading and Happy Listening :D
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
MR1.jpg 118.3K
MR2.jpg 149.5K
MR3.jpg 106.2K
MR4.jpg 54.5K
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    F1 - I was told it has a light cherry finish, is that accurate? I know it says walnut on the box but clearly doesn't look like walnut to me. Thoughts?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,845
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I'm not seeing the open pores that one would see with walnut, so I'd have to say the wood is not walnut and I wouldn't call the color walnut either. I'll go with the light cherry finish. Anyway, it's a nice looking amp.

I thought you sold those Manley's, no?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Nope, still have them. Thank you Wood Jedi :)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Oh man, this is a STUPIDLY good peice of gear. 'RAM' has long time been considered as the premier tube selector / matcher in the business. NO ONE matches closer.

Modjeski is a certified tube GENIUS. If someone is on the fence about this one, snatch it up. This is one you truely don't see come up for sale often, and will retain it's value (if not start to increase in the near future).

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Price dropped to match a recent Audiogon listing.