psw1200 connections

Options
I HAVE MY PSW1200 HOOKED TO KENWOOD'S STAGE 3 AMP AND PREAMP VIA THE SPEAKER IN'S AND OUT'S. MY LEFT/RIGHT SPEAKERS ARE POLK'S RT16'S. I HAVE TRIED THE SUB WITH THE BASS MANAGEMENT ON AND OFF. MY QUESTIONS ARE, WITHOUT USING THE SUBWOOFER PREOUT AND USING THE SPEAKER CONNECTIONS ONLY, IS THE BASS MANAGEMENT REALLY HAVING AN EFFECT ON THE SUBWOOFER?

SECOND PART, I AM GOING TO SWITCH TO RCA CONNECTIONS BETWEEN THE PREOUTS AND THE SUBWOOFER. I PLAN TO RUN THE LINE OUT CONNECTIONS TO THE MAIN AMP IN FOR THE L AND R SPEAKERS; L AND R PREOUT TO THE L AND R LINE IN CONNECTIONS ON THE SUB; A SUB PREOUT TO THE SUB IN CONNECTION; CAN I SPLIT THE SIGNAL FROM THE SUB PREOUT INTO AN UNFILTERED SUB CONNECTION AND THE FILTERED LFE CONNECTION?

ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

KEVIN

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited August 2002
    Options
    First question: I really think the subwoofer will need to be hooked up to the pre amp subwoofer/LFE output for the bass management to control your subwoofer.

Second question: I am not sure why you want to connect the R & L channel to the sub?
    A. If it is to relieve them from having to produce bass..then hooking up the subwoofer's LFE input to the subwoofer/LFE output of the preamp, and setting the front speaker to small in the preamp setting will do this for you.
    B. If it is to use both the subwoofer and the RT16 on the bass.. then hooking up the subwoofer's LFE input to the subwoofer/LFE output of the preamp and hooking up the R/L inputs of the subwoofer to the preamps R/L outputs (that are split to feed the main amp also), and setting the front speaker to large in the preamp setting will do this for you.

On the splitting the filtered signal and feeding an unfiltered input... yes you can but why?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."