Beer

HBombToo
HBombToo Posts: 5,256
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
I am just chillen tonight and have powered up the tubes... I have not relaxed much lately nor have I participated here:eek: smack me down...

Finally the temps have enticed me outside and I'm on about a 6 pack...:D

Oh the joy of a cold beer!

1/4 twin:p
***WAREMTAE***
Post edited by HBombToo on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    Pilsner Urquel the best drinking and eatin beer ever made!!! Problem is, it is not available year round.
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited March 2007
    I'm on my seventh pint o' the night here. I'm drinking IPA's like water tonight and am digging my new tube pre...
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited March 2007
    I was heavy into home brewing for over 8 years. I got so damn good at brewing different styles that I was in constant demand among all my friends. I would always have about 3-4 kegs on hand ready to roll to the next party. For home use I would filter, keg it & run it off a tap on my downstairs refrig. I had numerous shootouts against all styes you could bye. My brews never lost a taste test. Times & hobbies change. Now I'm listening to Patrica Barber enjoying a nice glass of wine. For medicinal purposes of course!!:D
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • HBombToo
    edited March 2007
    I'm glad I'm not alone:D

SDA's and Elton John mix well IMHO.;)

twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,973
    edited March 2007
    Did somebody say beer?:D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited March 2007
    I hate to spoil the moment here, but im enjoying a nice cold glass of milk and a chocolate donut.:p

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • HBombToo
    edited March 2007
    snow wrote:
    I hate to spoil the moment here, but im enjoying a nice cold glass of milk and a chocolate donut.:p

REGARDS SNOW

too funny!:D and i have the munchies also...:o
    twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited March 2007
    Swilling my fav-o-rite tonite....
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2007
    Tommorow, I'm rolling with ice cold MHL in a bottle.

Shane Mann-style.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited March 2007
    I usually enjoy a nice cold Miller Lite in my monogram MLS cozy.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited March 2007
    Im all for the Yuengling myself.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited March 2007
    Heres what Im drinking in Japan. Good Ole Orion Beer
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2007
    cool Henry and very good to see (read) you. Hope all is well in the Bomb Shelter.

RT1
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited March 2007
    How about an "Iron" Henry?????
    Carl

• treitz3
    edited March 2007
    Or an ice cold Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale?

Once a year, they put out Spaten Lauger Octoberfest for ten days. That's my favorite.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited March 2007
    I was heavy into home brewing for over 8 years. I got so damn good at brewing different styles that I was in constant demand among all my friends. I would always have about 3-4 kegs on hand ready to roll to the next party. For home use I would filter, keg it & run it off a tap on my downstairs refrig. I had numerous shootouts against all styes you could bye. My brews never lost a taste test. Times & hobbies change. Now I'm listening to Patrica Barber enjoying a nice glass of wine. For medicinal purposes of course!!:D

I've got 4 full kegs in my basement and two on tap. I was bottling for a few years, but got the tap system in November and now can't keep my friends out of my house. Right now I have a nice stout that I brewed for St Patty's day and a Belgian White.

Great hobby. I thought about getting into making whine, but it isn't as economically friendly and it takes longer.

What was your favorite style you brewed? Did you brew straight from all grain, or use the mini-mash kits? I stick with the kits mostly because I am lazy.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • Lowell_M
    edited March 2007
    Fireman32 wrote:
    Im all for the Yuengling myself.

I buy a case of Black and Tan and a case of Lager every time I'm back in PA. I used to live on Black and Tan.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited March 2007
    a_mattison wrote:
    I've got 4 full kegs in my basement and two on tap. I was bottling for a few years, but got the tap system in November and now can't keep my friends out of my house. Right now I have a nice stout that I brewed for St Patty's day and a Belgian White.

Great hobby. I thought about getting into making whine, but it isn't as economically friendly and it takes longer.

What was your favorite style you brewed? Did you brew straight from all grain, or use the mini-mash kits? I stick with the kits mostly because I am lazy.

My favorite to brew were the ales. I could duplicate Bass Ale like you wouldn't believe. Yuengling is great stuff, I did a Black & Tan to die for. My lagers were awesome also (a great lager is tough to pull off) I brewed both ways, whole grains (a real pain but worth it) & different kits that I would modify to my likeing. I usually just developed my own recipes & experimented. It was all good!!! LOL!! I had a 1/2 keg modded into a brewing kettle (amps aren't the only things you can mod). I'd sit that bad boy on a King cooker on the deck & fire up 10 gallons of wort. Ah, the smell is coming back to me now. I gotta stop talking about this now or I'll be out tomorrow picking up more stuff to get started again. I still have the modded keg. HMMMMMM!!!!:D
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited March 2007
    How about some Polk Audio cozies? Summer time is almost here.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • whitetruk
    whitetruk Posts: 308
    edited March 2007
    How about some Polk Audio cozies? Summer time is almost here.
    where do we get them?
    I thought it was fairly amusing also. The Polk Ogre doesn't always get 'it'
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited March 2007
    I had some of Dogfish Head's Red and White this weekend. Absolutely wonderful. Sure is nice to have their brewpub a couple miles away from me. Mwahahahahahaha!
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2007
    This is what i've been drinking alot of lately.. a friend turned me onto it just a few weeks ago. I know alot of beer drinkers think flavored beers all taste bad.. but this one really is good.

Original Gravity: 11.75
    Alcohol By Volume: 5.10%
    Malts: 2-Row Barley, Malted Wheat, Caramel
    Hops: Nugget
    Availability: Year Round
    Best Paired With: Appetizers, salads, and desserts such as pies and pastries
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa I knew it, Ahaaaa you're a bunch of drunks! I always wondered why there were so many arguements and classic name calling bouts LOL.:D :p
  • treitz3
    edited March 2007
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa I knew it, Ahaaaa you're a bunch of drunks! I always wondered why there were so many arguements and classic name calling bouts LOL.:D :p
    Wer'e b**hiccup**usted.:D :p
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited March 2007
    We've been enjoying some dos equis (XX) dark lately--very good stuff.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited March 2007
    30-pack of Schlitz with a twist of Sterling please.
    I gargle with PBR if I decide to talk to the ladies.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • HBombToo
    edited March 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    How about an "Iron" Henry?????

Can't get Iron out here but when I do come home I'll probably down more than 1:D
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited March 2007
    a_mattison wrote:

I was wondering if there were any other homebrewers among us. Seems like good homebrews and listening just belong together.

I personally have a few IPA left in bottles right now, and a Nut Brown in one of the kegs. I'm currently trying to decide what to put in my other keg.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Lowell_M
    edited March 2007
    cmy330go wrote:
    I was wondering if there were any other homebrewers among us. Seems like good homebrews and listening just belong together.

I personally have a few IPA left in bottles right now, and a Nut Brown in one of the kegs. I'm currently trying to decide what to put in my other keg.

Make a nice double-double belgian ale for the spring. I just brewed a chimay clone with a wyeast smack-pack and it is awesome. This brew is juiced up though. Somewhere around 8% abv.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072