returing to disney world after 21 long years

goingganzo
goingganzo Posts: 2,793
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
well guys and gals i am returning to disney after a long time sence i was 10 we are staying at the disney Saratoga Springs resort and going from the 7 the to the 13 of april also we are driveing from mi and makeing 2 stops in alanta and nashvill on the way down at the hard rock cafe and on the way back at

all input is great and if anyone will be at the park and want to meet that would be great my father is takeing me beacues the austrula trip got cancled 2 weeks in austrula and olny thing i would have had to pay for was my ticked and food and goodies i bought

but this is nice too
Post edited by goingganzo on

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited March 2007
    Do you have a Time Share at Saratoga Springs resort?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2007
    I've never been but someday will go. I love Disneyland and look very forward to visiting World someday. I try to hit Disneyland weekly for my fix, Tuesday was great, cloudy and rain, best days to go.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2007
    Disney World was fun, Epcot was a BLAST!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited March 2007
    Not to sound like too much of an immature 32 year old, but go to Islands of Adventure and get on the Spider Man ride. My wife and I rode it 4 times in the day that we were there. It is awesome. We're talking about going next summer when our daughter will be close to 4 and can appreciate it a little more. She always talks about going to see Cinderella and Belle..................can't wait to spend all week talking to princesses, although Jasmine is pretty hot!!!!!!;)
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited March 2007
    My daughter was seven when we went and all she wanted was to get the autograph of every princess on her princess t-shirt. Halfway through the day we found all of them together with a very short line. We asked her if she wanted to go get the autographs but she said no, she'd rather go ride space mountain again!

Our only downside was that the Indiana Jones ride broke down - while we were on it.

Plan your rides and make wise use of the Fastpass.
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited March 2007
    We went last August and it was awesome. Last time I had been there was on my Honeymoon 15 years prior. My kids have been asking to head back since we came home.

The best advice I can provide is do some research prior to going. The best place for info that we found (other than books) was allears.net. They have everything you could ever want to know about disney. What is available, what parks are busiest by the day of the week, what attractions you don't want to miss, etc.

Well worth the time to research.

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited March 2007
    another site to visit is intercott.com, good information.

I love the place,
    you have made a good choice to stay on property, many little perks with that, that is only realized when you don't stay onsite.

who all is going with you kids wife?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • goingganzo
    edited March 2007
    yeah i go to ceider point every year and that is this summer and i love roller coasters . my sister has went like ever 3 to 4 years but i havent so i am ready to party. ps i hope i can shorten the 18 hour drive by a hour or 3
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited March 2007
    We took my older 2 girls to Disney world when they were young. They had a blast but don't remember it much now. I hope to go back next year.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited March 2007
    I've been twice with the family, and I spent some time at Epcot when I was there by myself on a work related trip.

There's is no age when Disney World stops being cool, it's just a matter of your perception of what you should act like.

It's all good there, so just go and have fun. I'm sure I'll go back someday. Well, maybe Disneyland instead, since I can drive there in 6 hrs now.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited March 2007
    Toyko Disney is my next wish :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• cheddar
    cheddar Posts: 2,390
    edited March 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    Toyko Disney is my next wish :)

Try and take someone who speaks Japanese or start taking classes 'cause everything is in Japanese, of course...

Also, go early. The biggest shock for me and my friends was riding the trains all the way to the park and being greeted with "This park is closed" signs because the park was full.
  • goingganzo
    edited March 2007
    yeah japan will be my next trip i love watching anime and would love to visit the hot springs too
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited March 2007
    shawn474 wrote:
    We're talking about going next summer when our daughter will be close to 4 and can appreciate it a little more. She always talks about going to see Cinderella and Belle..................can't wait to spend all week talking to princesses, although Jasmine is pretty hot!!!!!!;)

When you do decide to go, make sure to have lunch with the princesses at Cinderella's castle. They will only take reservations 60 days in advance, and you have to begin calling at 7:00 AM exactly 60 days before you want to schedule lunch. If you call at 8:00 AM, forget it.

All the princesses will spend time with your daughter, pictures, etc. My daughter had a great time. The castle was real cool. Good food too!

Here's me with the Little Mermaid!! Hubba hubba!
    Disney2005_02030.jpg
    Carl