Web Cameras

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
Ok, so someone wants me to get a webcam so we can chat online. I have been looking at various ones tonight and I guess I don't really understand what makes one better than the other. It seems that the majority of them are 1.3 megapixel and USB.

I have narrowed it down between:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EVM5DK

B000EVM5DK.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

and

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-Live-Ultra-Webcam/dp/B00070FRJW/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_b/002-8119987-2772004

B00070FRJW.01._AA241_SCLZZZZZZZ_V42623650_.jpg

Which do you guys think is the better of the two? Anyone use a web cam? Any thoughts about them?
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2007
    I use my Sony digital camcorder as a web cam. You can hook them up via usb, and have way better picture quality than any web cam out there.;)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2007
    ben62670 wrote:
    I use my Sony digital camcorder as a web cam. You can hook them up via usb, and have way better picture quality than any web cam out there.;)

Bleh! too much money for me to buy a digital camcorder....I just want something basic that gives a half decent pic......that being said I hope she uses a digital camcorder....;)
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2007
    Bleh! too much money for me to buy a digital camcorder....I just want something basic that gives a half decent pic......that being said I hope she uses a digital camcorder....;)
    Just figured I'd mention it in case you had one.:)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited March 2007
    most digicams can be used as a webcam if you have one.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • izafar
    izafar Posts: 819
    edited March 2007
    check this article out for a comparison of some popular webcams:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/02/14/webcam_roundup/
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2007
    Thanks, I'll read it tonight. The microsoft one is looking like a winner to me. Very basic and cheap, I like it.
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2007
    I use a Canon L1 camcorder hooked to the video card. The lens is the trick.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited March 2007
    If you have a 360, the addon webcam works well enough (my parents have never complained anyway), and its relatively cheap and obviously compatible with the 360 as well.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"