10 Things I hate about school...

Serendipity
Serendipity Posts: 6,975
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
When you show up on time to class but the professor is 30min late...

When you're trying to study in your dorm but the kids next door are blasting their music...

When someone pulls the fire alarm in the middle of an exam... (stupid prank, I don't think its funny)

When you get up at 5am to be the first to shower, only to find out like 9 people are ahead of you in line...

When the professor isn't fluent in English...

When you get sick from school food...

When you study like 99999999 hours for an exam just to find out its cancelled...

When the Physics professor claims Bose speakers produce the best sound... (doesn't know what he is talking about)

When the campus bus never shows up on time...

When you have to walk like half a mile to get to class...

Maybe I'm just having a bad day.
polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
polkaudio DSWPro550WI
polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
Post edited by Serendipity on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2007
    If all that happened to you in one day, yeah, I'd say that sucked.

My bus at school was like clockwork. It was always on time. Ney, it defined time.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2007
    appadv wrote:
    When you show up on time to class but the professor is 30min late...

1. My school the professor has 10 minutes after class starts, or everyone gets the money back for that single class

When you're trying to study in your dorm but the kids next door are blasting their music...

2. Live at home, in an in-law if available if not parents usually are quiet.

When someone pulls the fire alarm in the middle of an exam... (stupid prank, I don't think its funny)

3. Sucks, but kind of amusing in a way.....although I'd be mad.

When you get up at 5am to be the first to shower, only to find out like 9 people are ahead of you in line...

4. See 2

When the professor isn't fluent in English...

5. Drop the class, get a professor that is.

When you get sick from school food...

6. See 2

When you study like 99999999 hours for an exam just to find out its cancelled...

7. Happens to everyone.

When the Physics professor claims Bose speakers produce the best sound... (doesn't know what he is talking about)

8. Prove him wrong

When the campus bus never shows up on time...

9. Walk, get a car.

When you have to walk like half a mile to get to class...

10. Cry a river, build a bridge and get over it.:cool:

Maybe I'm just having a bad day.

Pretty much all the same crap happened to me in the first 2 years of college for me except for the bose speakers thing and walking to class. In bold is exactly what I did to remedy the situation. For the last 3 years it's been great.
  • PolknPepsi
    PolknPepsi Posts: 781
    edited March 2007
    Pulling a fire alarm for fun in our state is a Felony.:eek:
    Denon #2900, Denon stereo receiver, Conrad Johnson Sonographe 120 amp, Blue Jeans cables, and Klipsch RF-7's
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,549
    edited March 2007
    How about...

Number 1 thing I hate about school...

Having to go through 8 years of college/grad schooling just to get to the point where everything you did in the past comes down to 1 rank list of institutions where you interviewed/applied at and their ranking of the students who interviewed at said institution... and matching it together to produce 1 match per student/institution... and calling it Match Day.

That just sucks.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited March 2007
    I hate the fact that I'm 37 and still paying off student loans from when i was 21, because i didn't get any financial aid even though my mother was a single mom. And then seeing rich farm boys basically go to college for free because their parents can hide assets. One dude would order a pizza every fricken night from the money he received for college tuition.

oh and finding out you really don't know jack when you actually get a job and you end up making far less than you thought, so you end up further in debt to make ends meet..:D
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2007
    krabby5 wrote:
    I hate the fact that I'm 37 and still paying off student loans from when i was 21, because i didn't get any financial aid even though my mother was a single mom. And then seeing rich farm boys basically go to college for free because their parents can hide assets. One dude would order a pizza every fricken night from the money he received for college tuition.

oh and finding out you really don't know jack when you actually get a job and you end up making far less than you thought, so you end up further in debt to make ends meet..:D

Ouch, that does suck. Try being a white male with both parents working. I absolutely hated the fact that are school called them "scholarships" when they were grants... If they where scholarships, gender and ethnicity shouldn't be on the questionaire!

Other than that, school was fun...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited March 2007
    What I loathed were the free rides doled out to those who needed no assistance and whose parent's were suspiciously generous with donations. There was a running legend at Centre that whomever was granted a full scholarship (and there was only one each year) wouldn't last a year. I know the individual in my class didn't....

This is the closest I've ever come to fitting myself with a tin foil hat btw:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited March 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Ouch, that does suck. Try being a white male with both parents working. I absolutely hated the fact that are school called them "scholarships" when they were grants... If they where scholarships, gender and ethnicity shouldn't be on the questionaire!

Other than that, school was fun...

Don't get me wrong...I had a blast in college...

I still remember getting a letter from the student loan agency shortly after I graduated that said, "now the books start hitting back"
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Serendipity
    edited March 2007
    PolknPepsi wrote:
    Pulling a fire alarm for fun in our state is a Felony.:eek:

Not only did the school do nothing, they dismissed it as a prank and issued make-up exams.
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited March 2007
    I miss classes from 10-2 Monday-Thursday being considered "full time". Now if I could just talk my dept. director into those hours...........
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • liordra
    liordra Posts: 152
    edited March 2007
    jflail2 wrote:
    I miss classes from 10-2 Monday-Thursday being considered "full time". Now if I could just talk my dept. director into those hours...........

amen to that.
    at least during school time I had time to listen to music, without preplanning.:(
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited March 2007
    yeah, finally getting only M-Thurs classes from 10-2ish was the best.

Wake up late, go to some classes, play basketball or workout on campus after class, shower, eat, party. . .

rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

Now, it's wake up early to go to work, get off work late, grab dinner on the way home, try to stay away long enough to catch the end of the Mavs game (or watch an entire movie), repeat. No time to rinse.

I'd take fire alarms and dialectically challenged professors anyday.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Serendipity
    edited March 2007
    "parents are usually quiet"

Tried the "at home" thing, but it was very loud at home too...was constantly waken up at 2am by the sounds of "others" watching my HT system at -5db.

Anyways, I just feel very pressured with the large amount of schoolwork necessary in my majors (Physics and Electrical Engineering); and fire alarms, loud roommates, etc. don't make this any better.
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1