It's big...it's green and it's...

irishaz
irishaz Posts: 161
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
an egg.

After many, many hours of thought and gnashing of teeth, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a Big Green Egg. Based on many recommendations (including I-SIG), I searched and searched and finally found one on the Bay. It's brand new and it's the large model. I'm picking it up within the next few days and I think I'll grill for the first 24 hours straight. Been a while since I've been this excited over buying something that doesn't have Polk or Adcom on it.

I'm still thinking to myself - $550 is a heck of a lot to spend on a grill, but I'm really looking forward to trying this thing out. Thanks I-SIG for the recommendation!

Happy Grilling All, summer's just around the corner!
Post edited by irishaz on

Comments

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited March 2007
    Pix, please. :)

....and free samples.
    Sal Palooza
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited March 2007
    That's awesome, irishaz! Congrats! :cool:

Now, just like audio, it's time for all the egg-cessories! :D Get a nice table, not one of those nests that they offer. For really long smokes like 18hrs+ get a BBQ Guru. Unbelieveable temp control. Use a MAPP gas torch to light it.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • I-SIG
    edited March 2007
    Pix, please. :)

....and free samples.

Here's a pic of my two BGE's.

Wes's Little and Big Green Eggs

Wes

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited March 2007
    Very Nice. I could use one of those.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited March 2007
    Is that charcoal?
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • I-SIG
    edited March 2007
    MSALLA wrote:
    Is that charcoal?

But of course!

Wes