dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,577
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
***CLOSED***

This Karma is for a handful of Polk Audio, wearable gear, as in fabrics that make you look cool and touch your body. If you don't want to proudly display your love for Polk, you need not apply :) Thanks for the shirts KAB!

Here's the deal, I have the following SIZES available for Karma

1 Medium - Short Sleeve - Polo - Polk Audio Logo - White/Black(Stripe)

1 Large - Short Sleeve - Dress Shirt - Polk/Momo Logo - Black/Red/White

1 XL - Long Sleeve - Dress Shirt - Polk Audio Logo - Dark Blue

1 XL - Long Sleeve - Dress Shirt - Polk Audio Logo - Medium Blue

1 XXL - TBD by the Karma WINNER

I love you barrel chested Polkies, so I'll work out something for you XXL folks....if you win, I'll contact you directly.

***Qualifications for Karma?***

No newbies, sorry. If you're new and contribute, or have contributed on a regular basis...fair game. I'll make that decision.

You NEED to respond with what shirt SIZE you are going for....no, you cannot go for multiples. Say "In" and your size. You may go "In" for a smaller family member, but you cannot do both. Get it?

The MAIN requirement to ALL is as follows....

"You must provide a picture of YOU(reality) next to a Polk Audio product"

The Polk doesn't have to be new, doesn't have to be vintage or even home audio....just a picture of your mug or body AND your Polk. Photoshop work doesn't count and if you don't currently own a Polk speaker, sorry....vintage photos aren't acceptable. Please have your clothes on for these photos.

*EDIT* While I appreciate the recent email of an unmentionable body part, prominantly displayed ON the Polk speaker....you are unfortunately not eligible for this Karma. However, thanks for the photo, you must have a very nice camera.

*NOTE* This is open to the 12V crew, so just post a picture of your crazy head next to your Polk product and you're golden. I know you see that Polk/Momo shirt :D

I'll post another link for the 12V crew accordingly in case they don't drop in here often. The MOMO shirt is for 12V Polkies ONLY.

KARMA WILL END ON 03/25/06

I'll announce the winner(s) when I feel like it, just kidding, the next day. At that point, I'll make contact with the "winner" and arrange FREE shipping of the shirt.

Thanks for playing, get your damn camera out.
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited March 2007
    Cool! This creative group should probably come up with some nouveau art! Camera time!
    Carl

• dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Late....
    t1.jpg 97.7K
    t2.jpg 66.4K
    t3.jpg 117.8K
    t4.jpg 75.6K
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Sorry, I wasn't fast enough for your Carl.
  • schwarcw
    edited March 2007
    Oooooh! That red, black and white one that has the black collar is very cool! Is that one from the Polk bowling league?

Carl
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    What the definition of a newbie???
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Does that cute pug come with the third shirt?
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited March 2007
    Very cool karma. Count me in for size large. Oh wait that is for the 12v guys ok XL then.

Here is me and my polk rta12b's lower right.

system 004.jpg
  • TN_Polk_Lover
    TN_Polk_Lover Posts: 243
    edited March 2007
    Count me in. In this picture, it looks like I need an XXL, but I AM going to lose weight. I HAVE TO for my health's sake. So reserve an XL for me. Polo or Dress either one, doesn't matter.

Me in the living room with my Cherry RTi38's.
    Robert
    You are officially in the high-end of the deep-end of the top-end.

Bonus Room Over Garage:
    Toshiba 27" CRT TV
    Digital Source: Sony DVP-NS3100ES
    DVR: Panasonic DMR-ES15
    Denon 3806 AV Receiver
    - L/R Preamp out to Parasound HCA-1200 Amp
    Polk RTi70's, CSi40 Center, RTi38 Side Surrounds, RTi38 Back Surrounds

Living Room: (2ch only)
    TV: Sony KV20-FV12
    DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS715P
    Yamaha R9 Receiver Polk RTi38's
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Only two Polkies can drag themselves away from the computer for the 1 minute it would take to get a pic??!! If there isn't more posted by COB, these shirts have already found new owners.

EDIT: I'll add this emoticon for those that don't know me :)
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Thanks Fireman and TN for posting your pics :D You guys rock!
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2007
    I'd go XL, lemme see what I got here at work as far as polk a pics go...

Edit: Best I can do is TPG2 at work. I'll go home and take a pic 2-night.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited March 2007
    Dude, you posted this at 12:30 AM when most people are asleep. They wake up for work, get ready, go to work and check ClubPolk on the PC on thier desk while waiting for the morning pot of coffee to brew. They are unlikely to have a camera at work with them or thier Polk Products either. I have Polk products here at work but cameras are not allowed.

On top of that, what about those who don't have a computer or don't have net access at work?

Getting all uppity because only two people posted pictures with roughly 6 days to go until the end of your Karma is not reasonable. Then again, your stipulation has probably put many people off. With the concerns about privacy today being so rampant (while wildly unfounded at times) it is a reality and what better way to forfeit privacy than to post a picture of yourself with a consumer product on a manufacturer's website where there is a name and location that could be traced back?

Settle down Beavis. You can't hold out what obviously looks like a bone to a dog but smells like flowers and expect him to chomp down on it and take it the first chance he gets without some trepidation.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    I'm just trying to motivate folks you moron.
  • schwarcw
    edited March 2007
    dorokusai wrote:
    Only two Polkies can drag themselves away from the computer for the 1 minute it would take to get a pic??!! If there isn't more posted by COB, these shirts have already found new owners.

I've never figured out that timer thing on the camera. I'll get a photo up later today when I get ask my 9 year old daughter to photgraph me after work! I won't be to get nekked like I had originally hoped for this photo:eek:

Carl
    Carl

• dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Lol :)
  • Jstas
    edited March 2007
    dorokusai wrote:

Your mom's a moron.

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited March 2007
    Your mom's a moron.

Oh, no he didn't...........
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    I'll remember that John, thanks for posting.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Jstas wrote:
    Your mom's a moron.
    Wow! WTF?
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    I'm in please. One, 1XL should just about do it. Very cool kharma.

Not pictured, 1 set CRS, 1 set CRS+, 1 set RT 2000P, 1 CS350LS, 1 set Rx Fx, 1 SurroundBar, 1 Monitor 6 Series 2 Sub, 1 set of Polk computer speakers.

I think that's it . . .Oh wait, I'm holding a pair of SDA 1Cs for Ted and beings that possesion is 9/10 ths of the law I guess you could consider that mine too. LOL:D
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited March 2007
    I'm in for the Medium...

That'll go good with the grey PolkAudio hat I'm wearing in this picture...
    zv.jpg 33.6K
  • Jstas
    edited March 2007
    dorokusai wrote:
    I'll remember that John, thanks for posting.

Wow, dude.

Who pissed in your Wheaties this morning?

You post a Karma, then you wait about 12 hours and get only two responses and the post a message that borders on the "look at me threads" from faster100 and then call me a moron for calling you on it. Then you can't take the same BS you just flung my way. What's up with you, you're usually more level-headed than this?

Lighten up, it's only a Karma.

• dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Thanks HI & PM!
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited March 2007
    Dude,
    You went on a two paragraph diatribe on how out of line Mark was to ask people to get a camera and take some pictures so he could GIVE AWAY stuff! The when he pokes you with a little jab, you come out with "Your mom's a moron." Who's out of line here? In the mean streets of Damascus, them is fightin' words.

Just my .02 cents.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited March 2007
    dorokusai wrote:

LOL! :D My kind of response....succinct , accurate and to the point ;)
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited March 2007
    Me and my Polk front stage. I'd go with the large, but since that's for 12v guys put me in for the Medium.

All the Club Polk members that don't post a picture are morons :eek: :eek: :p

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    HTrookie wrote:
    All the Club Polk members that don't post a picture are morons :eek: :eek: :p

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

In the immortal words of Ben Stern (Howard Stern's father), "I told you not to be stupid you moron!":D :p
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    shawn474 wrote:
    Dude,
    You went on a two paragraph diatribe on how out of line Mark was to ask people to get a camera and take some pictures so he could GIVE AWAY stuff! The when he pokes you with a little jab, you come out with "Your mom's a moron." Who's out of line here? In the mean streets of Damascus, them is fightin' words.

Just my .02 cents.

Shawn

Don't sweat it man, it's not worth it.

Let's move on with the thread please.

You're looking pretty svelte Ricardo :D
  • Jstas
    edited March 2007
    Alright, the "12V guys" would have gotten the joke about the "mom" thing. There was a whole thread on it over in the other forum. Since this was specifically directed in that direction I figured someone would have figure it out.

I guess this is another one of those "rollover and take it" 'cause "the annointed" said so.

Whatever, have fun with your karma.

I would be in but something tells me I'm not whether I want to or not so the hell with it.

• krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited March 2007
    Pugs rule...:D
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub