Please help! How to hook up DVD Recorder

Options
phileth
phileth Posts: 22
Hey everyone,
I have a problem that hopefully someone can help me with. I have a Denon AVR 1905 receiver and am wanting to hook up a DVD Recorder, but the receiver doesn't have audio or video outputs to DVD. Should I treat the DVD recorder as a VCR and use those hookups? I thought of that, but I already have a VCR. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. I have attached pictures of the back of the receiver and the DVD recorder. Thanks.
Post edited by phileth on

Comments

• MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited March 2007
    Options
    You have four connections for component on that receiver, pick one. Use one of the optical connections for sound.

Mike
  • phileth
    phileth Posts: 22
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I was talking about outputs TO the DVD player, so I can record to it.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited March 2007
    Options
    phileth wrote:
    Hey everyone,
    I have a problem that hopefully someone can help me with. I have a Denon AVR 1905 receiver and am wanting to hook up a DVD Recorder, but the receiver doesn't have audio or video outputs to DVD. Should I treat the DVD recorder as a VCR and use those hookups? I thought of that, but I already have a VCR. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. I have attached pictures of the back of the receiver and the DVD recorder. Thanks.

I don't see why you couldn't swap the DVD and VCR inputs around so DVD can act as a recorder also. Take it that you don't use the VCR for recording also. Will look a little weird as DVD is VCR, VCR is DVD input on receiver but should work.

BTW not sure about the sound, best audio is by digital input from DVD player so the DVD audio would use the RCA outputs instead to record. I'm thinking the receiver could be told to use X digital input for sound. So watching DVD shouldn't be an issue, but the recording maybe an issue?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma