FS: ROTEL RSP-976 5.1 Pre-Amp/Processor

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,576
edited April 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
ROTEL RSP-976 5.1 Pre-Amp/Processor(2001) - 8/10 - Black - *SOLD* on Audiogon

If you want to start getting into seperates, here's a great start. I've been fascinated with Rotel gear for awhile and this is another great piece. The unit shares alot of things internally with the current RSP-1068. This also has the better remote control, RR-1050, that was offered in the later models. The RR-969 was a confusing remote IMO. 2001 and 2002 was a weird couple years for Rotel and remote controls. It has one scratch on the top, which has been touched up but the faceplate is perfect and the rest of the body is stellar.

If you're like me and love a simple 5.1 HT, step on over and let's take a test drive.

All my gear has been cleaned from top to bottom and connections have been treated with CAIG products. The unit will be packed to withstand an atomic blast. Thanks for looking :)

Features:

Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Prologic processing using the Crystal CS492604 Surround Processor.
Independent zone 2 control of audio systems.
Composite-video, S-video, and Component-video switching.
Digital inputs and surround modes are assignable to sources.
Discrete analog line drive stages, four layer military-spec circuit boards.
Intelligent on-screen display and backlit learning remote control.
External analog 5.1 inputs assure forward compatibility with DVD-Audio, SACD and others.

Specifications (Audio):

Frequency Response: 10-70kHz (± 0.3dB)
Harmonic Distortion: front < 0.006%; center < 0.006%; rear < 0.005%; subwoofer < 0.006%
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.03% max.
IM Distortion: 0.03% max.
S/N Ratio IHF A (stereo): 92dB
S/N Ratio IHF A (Dolby Digital, dts): 90dB
Input Sensitivity: 200mV
Line Output Level: 600 mV (200mV Input)
Specifications (Video)

Frequency Response: 3Hz-10MHz (± 3dB)
Signal to Noise Ratio: 45dB
Input Impedence: 75 ohms
Output Impedence: 75 ohms
Output Level: 1 volt

Includes: Original power cord, RR-1050 remote control, original owners manual, reproduction remote control manual and some assorted documents from Rotel.

574679PSRR
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I had to drop it to to 8/10 due to a scratch I found just now....so I lowered the price from where it was originally. I touched it up so it's not too bad.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2007
    Options
    My adcom GFA-585 requires 2volts for full power, would this pre do it?
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    The output level of the Rotel is 1V. I'm roughly familiar with your amp and realize that the input sensitivity is spec'd at 250wpc@8 with 2V. You're looking at that spec generically as there is much more to it and there are way more important spec's to be worried about in amplifier design.

That's a rated wattage at a specific voltage, with a specific signal-to-noise ratio....which isn't stated by Adcom for that value at all. That being said, there's no reason to think that you aren't getting full power as you are, just at a different S-N ratio. A couple more valuable specs would be input/output impedence, THD, TIM and the overall gain of the the two units.

This isn't just present in your amp, as much as its a product of many amplifier designs. If you want to discuss this further, perhaps create a thread and some folks can chime in with their thoughts and comments.
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Added photos :)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Darn... such a bad time....

I would buy this - right now... but the earliest I could purchase it would be 2 months.

Dangit.

Would be PERFECT to run with my Odyssey on the HT Bypass
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Trey - :D I'm not against that idea per our conversation, let's just let it ride for now. You have way more important things to be concerned with in regards to speakers I would think :)
  • VR3
    edited March 2007
    Options
    That is... true.

Nice... bump you did there. I like it.

This is a great unit folks.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited March 2007
    Options
    This is a good unit. I tried one out for a couple of days. It's a great remote
    too! Anything newer from Rotel will cost a lot more. Someone on the
    Dallas craigslist was selling a Rotel RB-985 MKII. That would make a very
    good combo for HT.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Did this not sell yet? Come on, peeps, jump on it!
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Mark,
    I am still thinking about a way I can come up with the funds.............

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Well, me selling this doesn't mean I can't eat for a week. If you want it just ask :D
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Yeah, but me buying it might put me in the guest room for a week:D . I am weighing the benefits of each;) .

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited March 2007
    Options
    shawn474 wrote:
    Yeah, but me buying it might put me in the guest room for a week:D . I am weighing the benefits of each;) .

Shawn
    Correction. It would put you in the guest room with a Rotel for a week
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2007
    Options
    :D :eek: :D WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
    opus wrote:
    Correction. It would put you in the guest room with a Rotel for a week
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    :D well, naturally keep it clean on the homefront before you worry about this thing.
  • VR3
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I still want this in the upcoming months...if no one bites.
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Anyone need a nice start for a separates HT rig?
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited March 2007
    Options
    consider a trade?
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Do you really think I need more stuff? What are you thinking about?.....shoot me an email, dorokusai@comcast.net
  • JimBRICK
    edited March 2007
    Options
    my fxi5's are still avail and they are mint
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I'm going to pass on the FXi as I'm setup speaker wise but they do look great.
  • JimBRICK
    edited March 2007
    Options
    you know I should just buy this damn thing LOL
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Jim - There is so much quality gear out there, you wouldn't believe it. If this piece starts you off on a cool journey, fantastic but if you want something else...that's great to man.

If you match this up with a nice, solid 5ch amplifier, you'll have a helluva benchmark and a stellar LSi system.

I'm available for whatever decision you make, as is this forum.

-Mark
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I found the original box and packaging for the Rotel if that's helps anyone.
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Well, I haven't heard from Stereo Luver(Chuck) in almost a week, so this is back up on the block. Let me know if you have any questions.

I have it packed in the original box and double box from Rotel.
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2007
    Options
    And another piece is delivered into the arms of Jesus.....SOLD.