Mental illness is scary first hand!

2»

Comments

• BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited March 2007
    rskarvan wrote:
    hearingimpared: Would you leave your wife if she was cheating on you? Would you leave your wife if her Narcissistic Personality Disorder (unchecked by being off the lithium) causes her to actively seek your (not hers) own personal destruction? Would you leave your wife if she was lying, cheating, stealing, abusing alchohol and via projection was simultaneously blaming you (with genuine belief) for the exact same short-comings that she is acting out? Would you leave your wife if she was telling horrible, awful lies about you?

I don't need to live like that. Life is too short.

at that point, i would break it off...

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited March 2007
    Well really not sure just how much I wish too say here. But I have my option and it will not change because of anything writing here. Not sure in the end the cost of drugs and or therapy, now the cost of assist living facilities since 97 or so. Now in a secured facilities so she can't leave the floor for her own safety the added cost for this care the cost of medication, the pain she as caused in the family. For what I ask? To make the drug companies, therapies, the mental hospitals, now the assist living facilities richer? That's what I see in the end nothing else.

Would I leave my wife after 18 years for any of this, probably not I love her to much. But her family background says volume on who she is, and where she's going. Look at my mother family and it says VOLUMES also just ugly ones.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    rskarvan wrote:
    hearingimpared: Would you leave your wife if she was cheating on you? Would you leave your wife if her Narcissistic Personality Disorder (unchecked by being off the lithium) causes her to actively seek your (not hers) own personal destruction? Would you leave your wife if she was lying, cheating, stealing, abusing alchohol and via projection was simultaneously blaming you (with genuine belief) for the exact same short-comings that she is acting out? Would you leave your wife if she was telling horrible, awful lies about you?

I don't need to live like that. Life is too short.

Can't argue with any of that Bro. You are right, life is too short to deal with any of that. I didn't read all that in your first post. Sorry you went through all that.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    Well really not sure just how much I wish too say here. But I have my option and it will not change because of anything writing here. Not sure in the end the cost of drugs and or therapy, now the cost of assist living facilities since 97 or so. Now in a secured facilities so she can't leave the floor for her own safety the added cost for this care the cost of medication, the pain she as caused in the family. For what I ask? To make the drug companies, therapies, the mental hospitals, now the assist living facilities richer? That's what I see in the end nothing else.

Would I leave my wife after 18 years for any of this, probably not I love her to much. But her family background says volume on who she is, and where she's going. Look at my mother family and it says VOLUMES also just ugly ones.

Steve I don't think I really was trying to change your opinion, sorry if it came off that way. I was just stating how mental illness has affected my life and how I try to get through each day. It also pains me to see other people suffer from the effects of the illness and association with people who have the illness(s) like RSK above. I think a lot of it is because of the stigma attached to it for centuries and just in the past 100 years (just like everything else) there are some positive steps in the right direction. I know I have days when I wish my wife didn't have this problem especially when I'm not doing well with mine. It's like a double-edge sword sometimes but as I said earlier what helps me besides the meds is to see a psyco-thereapist regularly to learn how to deal with my own disorders as well as my wife's.

I still love life even on the really bad days. I have such great things going for me especially this awesome love of music and equipment.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2007
    I've met and worked with some people who had problems. I had a good hand in getting someone let go because they would go to the HR person daily claiming I was a racist, sexist, tried to electricute her, demeaning etc. She was as nice as could be in person when I was working with her. Very sad but not something I will ever deal with on either a working or a personal level. Another fellow would be the perfect person and your best friend until you said one wrong word that bugged him a little or maybe some little thing would happen like someone turned on the wrong song or something. You could tell he would like to see you dead when that happened. Very scary.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    madmax wrote:
    I've met and worked with some people who had problems. I had a good hand in getting someone let go because they would go to the HR person daily claiming I was a racist, sexist, tried to electricute her, demeaning etc. She was as nice as could be in person when I was working with her. Very sad but not something I will ever deal with on either a working or a personal level. Another fellow would be the perfect person and your best friend until you said one wrong word that bugged him a little or maybe some little thing would happen like someone turned on the wrong song or something. You could tell he would like to see you dead when that happened. Very scary.
    madmax

Yep I know people like that too, it is called borderline personality disorder. . . there is a name for everything. I feel most for schizophrenics and people with severe bi-polar disorder, their body chemicals are way out of wack. What I have is mild compared to what they go through hearing voices, paranoia, grandiosity, delusions and it all seems as real to them as you or I walking into our 2 ch room and putting on a record.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited March 2007
    Yep I know people like that too, it is called borderline personality disorder. . . there is a name for everything. I feel most for schizophrenics and people with severe bi-polar disorder, their body chemicals are way out of wack. What I have is mild compared to what they go through hearing voices, paranoia, grandiosity, delusions and it all seems as real to them as you or I walking into our 2 ch room and putting on a record.

Maybe even more intense then that like being on a flight cross country while standing next to you. :eek:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    Maybe even more intense then that like being on a flight cross country while standing next to you. :eek:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Muuuuuuhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaa!!!!!!:eek: :D