Any novell guys here?

ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
Help!
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2007
    We just dumped GroupWise for Outlook.
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited March 2007
    I was supporting NetWare 6.0 and 5.0 (along with GroupWise and BorderManager) up until last year. We switched to Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003, and a SonicWall.

What is your problem?
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • ben62670
    edited March 2007
    A customers novell server has a password on it, and her husband died 2 years ago... now she can't get onto her server cause the password went to the grave with her husband:(
    Novell 4.0
    Can I get past the th PW or can I take out the drive and read it in a windows computer
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited March 2007
    You have a pm.

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2007
    Our Novell server crashed again today at work, 5th time in 2 weeks....IBM was flown out yesterday to work on it.....now they think both raid controllers are gone.
  • ben62670
    edited March 2007
    Lost a SCSI on an array:(
    Did a data recovery, got the data. The data the lady wanted was on another Novell server that I can't get into... yet! The lady thought it was being backed up one the server I did the data recovery for:(
    Won't be fun telling her that in the morning.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2007
    Is this for a house? Seems pretty extravegant to have a Novell server with backup server for a house....lol
  • ben62670
    edited March 2007
    nope 7 nodes on a network, and all she cares about is her QB file. A data recovery for a QB file. She hasn't backed up in years. "it's on two servers"
    Thanks
    Ben
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited March 2007
    QuarterBack or QuickBooks? ;)
  • ben62670
    edited March 2007
    Quick books for a multi million dollar company
    Thanks
    Ben
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited March 2007
    Youch... something of that importance should be backed up daily, CD/tape locked up at night, and stored via Intuit's online backup service.

Edit: I use Quickbooks for my business, b/u daily and copied to another external drive.