sr6500 sr5250

Options
Ecin
Ecin Posts: 61
edited July 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
what's the difference in sound? i think that i can fit the 5 in the front and 6 in the back. 03 e320 HK sound. is it worth cutting a bigger whole for the 6?

what's a good amp to power these suckers? I want something good, and soomething that i can get about 50% of retail. 'ebay' or w/e. something better than jl audio amps :)

I wish polk would have signature reference amps, I would jump on that.
Post edited by Ecin on

Comments

• Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited March 2007
    Options
    what brands do you have access too? Kinda hard for us to tell you what to get when we don't know what you can get. BTW, the slash series are great amps for the money!
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I'd put both sets up front.
  • Ecin
    edited March 2007
    Options
    i think i have access to eclipse .. mbquart .. the rest is up to ebay. i heard zapco is good, cardomainhas precisionpower on sale i never heard of it but someone is offering to sell some here.
  • Tim B.
    Tim B. Posts: 105
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I am selling some of my Precision Power gear. I based prices off of what I have been seeing on ebay.

I have the Art Series and the Power Class Series. I was thinking on selling them both. But after the response I recieved heare in the forum I am going to keep my Art Series amps and install them in this next install.

But that leaves my Power Class amps just sitting there still so time to let them go. These two series of amplifiers have much respect in the car audio world. They have plenty of power and very clean. Again these are the real Precision Power Amplifiers not the stuff the have out now.
    Car Audio System:
    Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    Front Stage: Hertz Millie MLK 2
    Sub: Hertz Millie ML3000
    Amplifier: Audison LRx 5.1K
    Battery: Kinetik KHC 1400 Power Cell

Home Theater System:
    Panasonic TH-42PX50U Plasma HD TV
    Denon AVR-3805 7.1 Recevier
    Denon DVD 1910
    Yamaha DVD-C750
    X-Box: Moded with 300 Gig Hard Drive
    Paradigm PS-1000 Subwoofer
    Bay Audio Studio Monitors: Fronts - CubeXL, Center - Cube, Side & Rear Surrounds - Mini Cubes (http://www.bayaudio.com/cubexl.html)
  • Ecin
    edited March 2007
    Options
    the jl has a 105 db snR while it's below rated power
  • Tim B.
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Here are the power ratings

Precision Power PC2150
    2 x 150W @ 4 ohms
    2 x 300W @ 2 ohms
    1 x 600W @ 4 ohms bridge

Precision Power PC2350
    2 x 350W @ 4 ohms
    2 x 700W @ 2 ohms
    1 x 1400W @ 4 ohms bridge
    Car Audio System:

Home Theater System:
    Denon DVD 1910
    Yamaha DVD-C750
    Bay Audio Studio Monitors: Fronts - CubeXL, Center - Cube, Side & Rear Surrounds - Mini Cubes (http://www.bayaudio.com/cubexl.html)
  • Ecin
    edited March 2007
    Options
    i want SQ i'm still debating on the subwoofer as well. W7 or W104 or w124 i already have a 500.1 jl amp
  • Tim B.
    edited March 2007
    Options
    dont forget about the SR104 or SR124. They sound great. Thats what I am going with
    Car Audio System:

Home Theater System:
    Denon DVD 1910
    Yamaha DVD-C750
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2007
    Options
    The SR5250 doesnt have the low end response that the 6500 does obviously because its a smaller speaer. However, I do think the midrange is a little smoother on the 5250's.

But if I had to choose, it would be the 6500.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Ecin
    edited March 2007
    Options
    w104 my mind was wandering, imeant sr104..
  • lpreston
    lpreston Posts: 35
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I'm still in process of my install. Got 3 of 4 doors done. I hooked one of the doors up to the headunit so I would have something to listen to. With the 6500 set finally broken in, I look for reasons to drive and listen to them. They do like the power tho....need to get the amp hooked up.
    Panasonic CQ-TX5500 Japanese Tube
    PrecisionPower DCX-730 Processor
    McIntosh MMC446
    polkaudio SR6500 x2
    polkaudio SR104DVC x 2
  • j5b
    j5b Posts: 2
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Does anyone know if these speakers (SR6500) will fit the '07 350z front doors? I was about to order a set of these but they only list the DB6500 as compatible. I stopped by my local Circuit City and the guys there said they have never installed these in this car however they have installed the Momo series and said those are actually deeper. Anyhow, some advice would be great. Thanks in advance.
  • Ecin
    edited March 2007
    Options
    CC sells these speakers??
  • Tim B.
    edited March 2007
    Options
    J5B check with tweeters. I have seen them working on a 350 and they had them in the door. I think there are also some 350Zs in the Install gallery under Customer/Dealer Vehicles.
    Car Audio System:

Home Theater System:
    Denon DVD 1910
    Yamaha DVD-C750
  • j5b
    j5b Posts: 2
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Tim B. wrote:
    J5B check with tweeters. I have seen them working on a 350 and they had them in the door. I think there are also some 350Zs in the Install gallery under Customer/Dealer Vehicles.

Is Tweeters an online site or actual store? I 'Google'd them but found nothing. I went ahead and dropped the Polk customer service an email trying to find out. Thanks for the advice. Btw, I was thinking about just using the Polk 4 channel amp as I'm not trying to get to crazy on this system. Anyone have any experience w/ it and will it power those speakers effectively?
  • howie777
    howie777 Posts: 357
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I run the SR6500's off a polk C400.4 with no issues (bi-amped). Seems to work well for me.

BTW I have them in an 05 Altima, Nissan seems to have pretty deep speaker options so long as you have a bezel to use. I need both of the plastic bezels and the soft foam to get mine to fit, but the door fits nicely. The tweeters are the real issue in my opinion, they are big and don't fit to easily in the A pillars in the stock location. I ended up just using industrail velcro and they mostly fit with the stock grill covering them.

Howie
  • Tim B.
    edited March 2007
    Options
    j5b wrote:
    Is Tweeters an online site or actual store? I 'Google'd them but found nothing. I went ahead and dropped the Polk customer service an email trying to find out. Thanks for the advice. Btw, I was thinking about just using the Polk 4 channel amp as I'm not trying to get to crazy on this system. Anyone have any experience w/ it and will it power those speakers effectively?

Yes Tweeter is an actual store. I don't see your location but here is a link to there store locator. But almost any car audio store should be able to verify that information. I have a 300ZX and I know it will fit in my door.

http://www.tweeter.com/corp/index.jsp?page=storeLocator
    Car Audio System:

Home Theater System:
    Denon DVD 1910
    Yamaha DVD-C750
  • Ecin
    edited March 2007
    Options
    i markets that dont have Tweeter they also bought out SoundAdvice so it's basically the same.
  • TakeTheTime
    TakeTheTime Posts: 249
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well, I've been lucky now - I'm gonna get my hands on some SR6500's! :cool:
    But I'm wondering, since I'm gonna use a two way front system with the
    woofers in the doors and tweeters on dash, what is the big difference here?
    I'll try switching out the SR5250-woofers with the 6500's when I get them, just
    place them the same place and try to tune it right. But what should I expect here?

Also, how does the SR6500-woofers work as clean midbass speakers?
    I have plan on running a three way front system later, with the 6500's
    running in the doors (like 40-200hz or something), and the SR5250's in
    the dash - together with the tweeters. It's not gonna be very soon tho. :rolleyes:
    Pioneer P88RS-II | Polk Audio SR5250 | JL Audio 12w6v2 | 2x Genesis 3 Stereo 100 | Genesis 3 Monoblock
  • TakeTheTime
    TakeTheTime Posts: 249
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Hey takethetime. You are replying to a 3.5 year old post. Maybe you should just create a new post.

Here you go!!!
    Pioneer P88RS-II | Polk Audio SR5250 | JL Audio 12w6v2 | 2x Genesis 3 Stereo 100 | Genesis 3 Monoblock