Took tweeter apart works fine now

Options
NJPOLKER
NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
edited March 2007 in Vintage Speakers
I thought I blew the tweeter in my SDA2 so decided to take it apart and see whats inside. Not much to see so put decided to put the four allen screws back in and hook it back up. Damn, it went from not working to working perfect. Any ideas what happened?
I am still upgrading them but find what happened to be kind of odd or maybe I am just good.
Post edited by NJPOLKER on

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2007
    Options
    probably a loose/cold solder joint maybe?
  • BAD ASP
    BAD ASP Posts: 361
    edited March 2007
    Options
    I am a novice when it comes to stereo equipment but I enjoy radio control aircraft and have built several radios etc, therefor I feel spunky enough to offer the following comment.
    Your taking the speaker apart probably did contribute to the repair. One idea might be that since there was a loss of electrical continuity/ conductivity you might have reestablished by merely disconnecting and reconnecting. Maybe some oxidation on a connector? In any event, anyone who decides for themself that they want to know why the dang thingamajig is not working and proceeds to investigate is due their props. If the speaker continues to work be assured that your curiosity is what ultimately fixed the problem. Kinda fun eh!
    Home Theater
    Amp: sunfire cinema grand signature 5ch 425 wpc
    Side surround amp: Sunfire 2 X 300
    Processor: sunfire theater grand V
    Fronts:: polk sda-srs 1.2
    Rears: Polk LSiFX
    Side surrounds: Fxi5
    Center: (2)polk LSiC's
    Sub: svs pb-13 rosenut
    Hd-Dvd: toshiba xa-2
    Blue Ray: oppo bdp83se
    Projector: sony vw60
    Screen: Da-Lite 106"
    APC S20 Power conditioner
  • riglehart
    riglehart Posts: 276
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Repair tech would have charged you $85 bucks for that!
    Jolida Tube
    Polk 11T, 7, 5, 5jr, 4
    Standard equip not worth bragging about.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2007
    Options
    If it's already broken or inop, why not take that SOB apart....congrats on a phantom fix.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.