An amazing Netflix Boo Boo

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
So today I was excited that I was receiving Saw 3 from netflix.

I open the package today after the mail comes only to notice a suspicious looking label on the DVD it self(as if someone made it).

I called Netflix, described the label to their CSR and it turns out that the disc they sent me was actually a pirated disc!

After putting it in my DVD player, the disc lacks any copyright protection and does not have the "FBI warnings" at the beginning.

Big time mistake for netflix in my opinion.......glad I'm not one that really cares since the disc still plays fine.

Thought I'd share...
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2007
    The thing this incidence means....is that now you can copy it for yourself with no hassle! :p

However, why did NetFlix have a pirated copy of a DVD??
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2007
    audiobliss wrote:
    The thing this incidence means....is that now you can copy it for yourself with no hassle! :p

However, why did NetFlix have a pirated copy of a DVD??

Beats me. The netflix CSR said that people copy dvds and try to send them back with labels they made.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, I assume someone made a copy and sent back the copy instead of the original, either by accident or on purpose.

The workers at those places aren't exactly brain surgeons.... I would imagine ti's monotonous as hell, as the linked story insinuates.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2007
    just finished watching saw 3 in fast foward x2.......totally brutal movie just like the other two, i actually watched parts here and there but it was good to watch in fast foward....

anyhow, the pirated dvd is going back monday
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited March 2007
    It was that good huh?
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2007
    It was that good huh?

Yep, basically the same ****, different movie.
  • sophie
    sophie Posts: 511
    edited March 2007
    lots of ppl around here do that to block bluster, they use light scribble DVD's and scan the orignal onto their computer. then use dvd shrink to unencrypt the movie so they can burn a copy.
    Polk monitor 10B's and 5 jr's
    Adcom gfa 5500 and HK/240
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2007
    sophie wrote:
    lots of ppl around here do that to block bluster, they use light scribble DVD's and scan the orignal onto their computer. then use dvd shrink to unencrypt the movie so they can burn a copy.

Sounds like your a veteran. :p
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited March 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Yeah, I assume someone made a copy and sent back the copy instead of the original, either by accident or on purpose.

The workers at those places aren't exactly brain surgeons.... I would imagine ti's monotonous as hell, as the linked story insinuates.

yep....some idiot sent back the wrong disk!!

I can imagine how many pirated disks of Borat there will be in circulation. The original looks just like a blank dvd..:D
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited March 2007
    krabby5 wrote:
    yep....some idiot sent back the wrong disk!!

I can imagine how many pirated disks of Borat there will be in circulation. The original looks just like a blank dvd..:D
    No kidding...I opened it up and thought I got ripped off.....:D