any good HIFI stores in Richmond, VA? (SVS)

AdamRagland
AdamRagland Posts: 521
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
Hey i am making a trip up to Richmond, Va today to hang around and go to some places. I am re-finishing my basement and building a new HT room and wanted to look at some good stores. I have heard wonderful things about SVS but ive always wanted to go check one out. anyone from the area that know where i can do this? I will be around the short pump area..thanks!
Post edited by AdamRagland on

Comments

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2007
    I was at a place in DC not too long ago. The prices were inflated about 30% from around here. How far is DC from you?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • AdamRagland
    edited March 2007
    probably wont make it to DC to day but i do travel there often. Do you remember the name of the place? I usually shop around for best prices online but at least i could actually touch one at the store
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited March 2007
    There use to be a real hifi shop in Richmond, but it's been awhile for me. I'm fairly certain it was on Midlothian Pike, but I'm sure there's nothing around Short Pump. I'd highly recommend not going downtown if you value your life.

SVS doesn't sell in retail outlets.

Retail prices of hifi gear in DC are no higher than any other area I've been in.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2007
    Can't help with Richmond. There is however a great store in Roanoke if you ever get to that part of the state. Here is their web site.

Uptown Audio
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2007
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited March 2007
    Myer Emco lists the MSRP on the gear they sell. That doesn't mean you can't deal. In truth, they are mostly midfi. If you want real hifi, check out Soundworks.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• AdamRagland
    edited March 2007
    shack, where in roanoke is uptown audio? im just 30minutes from roanoke
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2007
    shack, where in roanoke is uptown audio? im just 30minutes from roanoke

Uptown Audio
    675 Brandon Ave
    Roanoke VA 24015

(540) 343-1250

Just click on the link I posted above. Directions, store pics, gear, etc. Go visit them. You won't be disappointed.

map%20to%20uptown.gif

detail%20map%20to%20uptown.gif
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,474
    edited March 2007
    Haven't been down to Roanoke for a while. If you want to head up I-81 to northern Virginia, The Gifted Listener may be worth a visit. They are one of the few authorized Magnepan dealers around, also carry Linn, Thiel, Ayre, and other good brands. They are in Centreville. The owner's a decent guy, but don't expect any great deals--he doesn't need to give them.

www.giftedlistener.com