what amp do i need?

2000AccordSE
2000AccordSE Posts: 34
edited March 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
i have some infinity speakers. the reaars are 100 rms and the fronts are 60 rms. what should i get for an amp? should i get 1 for each set?? also in the front i bought a 6.5 infinity component set but the woofers were bad. so now my dad bought the regular speakers with the tweeters on the speakers (i 4get what there called) if i hook those up through the crossovers will the tweeters just not work on the woofers? i already have tweeters in my doors that i want to use.
Post edited by 2000AccordSE on

Comments

• ilikesound
    ilikesound Posts: 355
    edited March 2007
    my thoughts are you wouldn't wanna send more power to any set of speakers simply because they can handle more of it. id see if i could aquire a nice 100x4 amp, use a crossover for the mid/woofers in the fronts, and hookup the 6x9?s to it as well. its a cost effective and good way to get all for of them going. if you hookup the tweeters/midbass drivers to the crossover, then hookup the crossover to the amp output, you'll have sound. also all depends on the setup tho. some amps can use their own built in crossover, eliminating the crossover altogather. hope that helps
    At Home:
    Panasonic 42'' TC-L42U12 LCD
    Pioneer VSX-80TXV
    Toshiba HD-XA2
    Sony PS3 - psn "metalguitars"
    Xbox 360 - gamertag "giggidygiggidy"
    Panamax 4300EX
    Polk RTi8's
    Polk CSi3's
    Polk FXi3's. (x2)
    Martin Logan Dynamo (x2)
    Audioquest interconnects and wires.

Away From Home:
    JVC HDR-50
    stock system in new car for now:(
  • ilikesound
    ilikesound Posts: 355
    edited March 2007
    just dont overpower the coaxials (ones with the tweeters on the speakers). they are probably more sensitive than the component set.
    At Home:
    Panasonic 42'' TC-L42U12 LCD
    Pioneer VSX-80TXV
    Toshiba HD-XA2
    Sony PS3 - psn "metalguitars"
    Xbox 360 - gamertag "giggidygiggidy"
    Panamax 4300EX
    Polk RTi8's
    Polk CSi3's
    Polk FXi3's. (x2)
    Martin Logan Dynamo (x2)
    Audioquest interconnects and wires.