It all started with a little hiss

ntculenuff
ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
so for the past few months i have had a hiss in my car stereo and have tried multiple not so fixing it attempts at fixing it. So i woke up sunday morning and decided to gut the jeep and do a complete rewire. well this led to more dynamat (everything but the roof is now coverd in dynamat extreme so shiny:p ) and here it is thursday and i am still working on it.

all the electronics are back in and there is no more hiss yeah but now and for the last 2 days i have been TWEAKING with all the x-over points voltage output from the amps trying to fine tune the damn thing so i'm happy and everytime i think i am happy i'm not but am at the same time :)

just one more adjustment thats what i keep telling myself.
my close friiends and wife are calling me obsessive compulsive and i am starting to believe them i have tried to walk away so many times but there is a gravitational pull i can't resist :p

thanks for listening had to tell somebody that might understand my wife has just been rolling her eyes and shaking her head everytime i pull myself from the depths of stereo bliss (hell) at night

this is after i picked up a bit but it still looks like this
Speakers:
Definitive BP7001sc mains
Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
Polk RT800i's rears
Definitive supercube I Sub
Audio:
Onkyo TX-NR3010
Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
Video:
Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
Directv x's 2
Post edited by ntculenuff on

Comments

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited March 2007
    Wish I had the money for dynamat :(

It will never end :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2007
    Just make sure to readjust everything when there are humidity and ambient temperature changes. ;)
  • ntculenuff
    edited March 2007
    PolkThug wrote:
    Just make sure to readjust everything when there are humidity and ambient temperature changes. ;)

don't even get me started :D

i aquired my dynamat while working in the industry very very cheap :D
    Speakers:
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited March 2007
    It's funny how things change as you get older. Back in the day, I used to be obsessed with car audio. Now I can live just fine with a stock system (provided it has a CD player). Home audio, on the other hand, is a totally different story. Good luck with your auto sound. Like a previous poster stated...the quest for perfection never seems to end.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2007
    Honestly, thats pretty weak :D

Here are some pics of my truck i took right now. Its been this way for about a month, will continue to be this way for at least 2 more, probably more, until i can find time to get my wiring ran.

BTW, all that you see on the floor is sound deadening. Roof is the same way. Back wall, firewall, doors, even the hood and front fender wells all has sound deadening.

531337_338_full.jpg

Heres where the g/f sits when I have to take her to class...I got her a pillow:D
    531337_339_full.jpg

Last, but not least, the future home of my Peerless XLS 8". Thatll get some of you HT guys drooling. No theyre not for sale :D
    531337_341_full.jpg
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited March 2007
    If I ripped apart my car like that,my wife would have my nuts
    in a grinder.:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited March 2007
    bdaley6509 wrote:
    It's funny how things change as you get older. Back in the day, I used to be obsessed with car audio. Now I can live just fine with a stock system (provided it has a CD player). Home audio, on the other hand, is a totally different story. Good luck with your auto sound. Like a previous poster stated...the quest for perfection never seems to end.

Man, I totally hear that.
  • ntculenuff
    edited March 2007
    funny how the doors seem to take the longest i drove around for about a month with just a drivers seat when i started this whole project a few years ago, the rest sat in my garage and some in a friends :)

some good advice "keep all your stuff in one location preferably your own garage

my problem is my audio obsession doesn't stop with the car its in my house too....

i started in a car then I moved out of the parental units housing about 1994 and realized I wasn't in a car long enough to enjoy a stereo sold it all got into home theater and was good with that obssesion than about 2000 I took a sales job that required me in my own vehicle for a better part of my day and was actually ok with the stock system untill the stock deck would randomly pick which cd's it would rather hear than it was a slow progression into the mind set of "I forgot how much i like car audio"
    and than my final demise going to work for ultimate electronics home and car for well below retail oh the pain i have suffered :p

if i could go back to 15 i would tell myself never to get in the car that started it all :)

no i wouldn't
    Speakers:
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60