Braun Tassimo - Anyone have one?

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
http://www.tassimodirect.com/tassimo/

Mine finally arrived today here at work, can't wait to take it home and try out all the flavors of coffee, tea, cocoa, everything.

Looks like a really solid product.

Anyone have one? Like it? Don't like it?

Mark
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2007
    Thats a little too metrosexual for me.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited March 2007
    I thought this was going to be a razor.

I'm not sure why you need a fancy coffee maker just to try different flavors of coffee, tea and so on?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,549
    edited March 2007
    Mom has one, got it from my aunt for Christmas.... I must say that I want one now too! Very good machine and easy to deal with. Great coffee and hot cocoa too!

One of the surgeons on my service last month had a Tassimo so I looked forward to going to his clinic because I could have as much yummy hot cocoa I desired through the Tassimo! :)

2 thumbs up!

Nothing metro about it, it's another appliance that actually works.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited March 2007
    Cue the coffee snobs..... :D
  • PolkThug
    edited March 2007
    Joey_V wrote:
    Nothing metro about it, it's another appliance that actually works.

I like to have a cup of Carte Noire Voluptuoso Coffee before I tweaze my eyebrows.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2007
    Well I work for P&G(Gillette) so I got about 70% off the price, figured I had to give it a try.

I like the idea of no mess in the morning.....plastic cartridge...paper cup...plastic spoon.....no clean up....who really wants to clean the coffee pot when they get home anyway?
  • Jstas
    edited March 2007
    I have a Braun coffee pot and it's pretty simple to clean, takes a whole 5 minutes. I dump the old grinds in the trash, rinse out the mesh basket in the sink, throw it back in and fill the empty pot with clean water. Then I fill the coffee maker with clean water and nothing else and send it on it's brewing cycle. The boiling water cleans out the brewing part of the system pretty well. Every so often, I take the water resivoir apart and clean that real good. Usually when I replace the water filter I'll do that.

Otherwise, it's business as usual. I don't drink coffee a whole lot at home so every so often I grab a couple 1 pound bags of Kona coffee straight from a plantation I know of on Hilo. I met the farmer at the flea market at the stadium on Oahu. It's expensive but it's REALLY good. On top of that, he vaccum packs it and mails it to me. Otherwise, the coffee I drink is either from Dunkin Donuts when someone gets a Box 'O Joe in the mornings or at the diner. Unless I'm working on a Saturday then I go see a friend at a local convinience store chain and she'll give me a 40 ounce cup full of whatever brew I want and usually a sammich in the morning and won't let me pay for it.

• krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited March 2007
    I'm one of those guys who never got into coffee...not really into warm or hot drinks..

but it puts me at a disadvantage because everyone else is full of caffeine in the morning..:D
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited March 2007
    French press pot coffee is the best, IMO of course. A little more work, but a deeper richer flavor. Works best with whole beans you grind yourself. My parents have a similar version of the Tassimo made by the mail order coffee company Gevalia and it works very well and their coffee/tea tastes excellent. Gevalia has some kick **** coffee, one of my favorite brands.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,549
    edited March 2007
    PolkThug wrote:
    I like to have a cup of Carte Noire Voluptuoso Coffee before I tweaze my eyebrows.

You could always tweeze your eyebrows and drink your folgers. ;)
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited March 2007
    PolkThug wrote:

You mean it's not manly to tweeze? Now you tell me...
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited March 2007
    PolkThug wrote:

Yeah, we were going to mention your eyebrows could use a little trimming.

enchante.JPG

And, Russman, I'd have to say by the complexion of your skin, your intake of coffee might be just a tad too high.

I believe Mr. Coffee is rolling over in his grave. :rolleyes:
    Sal Palooza
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2007
    If you enjoy Kona take Jamaican Blue for a ride. I'm a pitiful coffee addict but could never go from Kona to D.D. :eek:
  • Jstas
    edited March 2007
    Polk65 wrote:
    If you enjoy Kona take Jamaican Blue for a ride. I'm a pitiful coffee addict but could never go from Kona to D.D. :eek:

Not sure what D.D. means but it must be a crack against diner coffee. However, it's not so much the coffee that is enjoyable but rather the company that I am sharing that coffee with. Just like beer, even Coors Light is good if you are in the right company.

Then again, if you go to a diner in Hawaii (yes, they actually have a couple of them and they are just like an NJ diner) they are usually serving a Kona or Kona blend coffee.

I've had the Jamaican Blue but wasn't impressed. Then again, the fresher the Kona coffee is, the better it is. If you get it from these guys:

http://konacoffee.com/

It comes in vaccum packed bags which are packed the same day the coffee is ground up. When you open the bag, it's like you are standing on the coffee plantation itself. Plus at less than $30 a pound, you aren't going to get it any cheap unless you go to the swap meet at Aloha Stadium on Oahu. Then you can get it for about $15-$20 a pound.

You know what sucks though? About a mile and a half up the street from me is the Melita coffee company and thier roasting plant. Every day I drive past and they are roasting or blending something. The only day that sucks is when they do the African blends. It ends up smelling like pot.

• PolkThug
    edited March 2007
    Jstas wrote:
    Just like beer, even Coors Light is good if you are in the right company.

haha! We think alike on this one. I make fun of my guy friends that drink Coors Light. The Coors Light is reserved for the ladies.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited March 2007
    I think D.D. is Dunkin Donuts.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites