Geico Cavemen to get sitcom

I-SIG
I-SIG Posts: 2,238
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just read in the WSJ that the Cavemen are going to get a pilot for a sitcom. It is supposed to be about the discrimination they face. It will be set in Atlanta.

They crack me up but I think it is rather stereotypical to set a story about characters dealing with discrimination in the South.

Wes
Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
Post edited by I-SIG on

Comments

• petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited March 2007
    Geico Cavemen sitcom... Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2007
    I'm in.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited March 2007
    It's not going to be a 30 minute Geico commercial although Geico is supposed to receive a royalty payment from it. I think it's a lot more creative than most of the sitcoms out there right now.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited March 2007
    like Geico needs more money. I called them for a quote like six years ago, and they were more than double what I was paying.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2007
    I-SIG wrote:
    I think it's a lot more creative than most of the sitcoms out there right now.

That's not saying much. ANYTHING is more creative than most of the sitcoms out there. :rolleyes:
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited March 2007
    Sounds interesting. I'd watch it.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2007
    shack wrote:
    That's not saying much. ANYTHING is more creative than most of the sitcoms out there. :rolleyes:

The NBC Thursday Night sitcoms are all pretty good. My Name is Earl, the Office, and Scrubs. I'm sure plenty of people don't like one or all of them, but I think they're pretty "fresh" as the kids say.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited March 2007
    i'd give it a watch.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited March 2007
    The Office is a riot!!
  • noimposse
    noimposse Posts: 264
    edited March 2007
    Polkmaniac wrote:
    The Office is a riot!!

If you like that, watch the original British version, it is exponentially better.

As for network sitcoms, most of them are garbage except for Scrubs.
    Ghetto Rig
    Power: HK AVR245.
    Screen: LG 24" 1080p.
    Speaks: Rti4.
    Source: PC. PS3. Xbox360.
    Cables: BlueJeans. Monoprice.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited March 2007
    I'm all over that kind of silly ****!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • bobman1235
    edited March 2007
    noimposse wrote:
    If you like that, watch the original British version, it is exponentially better.

I would like to state for the record that I completely disagree with this. First off, t hey're remarkably similar, so saying one's exponentially better is dubious. But I think aside from Ricky Gervais being a far superior boss to Steve Carrell, the rest of the cast of the American version is way better.

IMO of course, plenty of people like the British one better. Just not me, and yes I watched it.
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited March 2007
    2.5 men, rules of engagement and christine are good shows. and i'm not a sitcom guy at all!:D
  • Polkapops
    Polkapops Posts: 267
    edited March 2007
    like Geico needs more money. I called them for a quote like six years ago, and they were more than double what I was paying.

Ditto!!!
    HT & Music System:
    Receiver - Denon AVR-3805
    DVD/SACD Player - Denon DVD-2900
    Outlaw 770 amp
    Polk LSi 15's up front
    Polk LSiC center
    Polk LSi F/X surrounds
    SVS 16-46 PC+ Subwoofer
    Sony Wega KDF-50WE655
  • bobman1235
    edited March 2007
    Man, I wish I didn't live in the People's Republic, and insurance rates weren't state mandated.... Even having an insurance company give me a HIGH estimate would be a breath of fresh air from the typical oppressive regime.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited March 2007
    noimposse wrote:

Ditto
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited March 2007
    That's just what Warren Buffet needs.....another way to make money.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited March 2007
    I just don't think they're funny, and I can laugh at most anything. I'll pass!
    Carl

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2007
    I thought the first couple commercials with this theme were funny with the best one being the one at the airport....BUT its wearing thin fast and Im pretty sure a sit-com would drive it into the ground and break it off.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D